Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

To put things into some perspective Blackpool have won 2 of their 24 league games and got thumped 6-1 at home just 2 weeks ago! We've spent about 50 times as much as them in the last 2 and a half years!

Anything but a comfortable win would be very disappointing.

Expecting 1-0 or 2-1 win. Delf will be keen to prove a point against us if he plays!

Even if we win it'll be a poor performance, which will paper over the cracks.

9 games in a row without a goal and then 5 games in a row without a goals (might have those numbers wrong) in the same season is in excusable.

My main worry is that the club seem no closer to getting rid of him. I like Tom Fox, but his interview with Tom Ross worried me, as even with his dire run, the club still saw him as the man to take us forward...

I predict a lucky 1-0 win for us, or a desperately poor 0-1 loss, with lots of booing, but no change in management.

People do really need to start showing their displeasure by not attending. I've not been to a game in over a year, it pains me, I love match days, but I will not pay to watch such a poor display when the club seem to think this quality of football is acceptable for 3 seasons.

Surely we can beat the worst team in the championship at home.

If we lose this one he has to be a dead man walking.

Unfortunately I can't see the owner caring too much about it.

Its not the owner he needs to worry about. You know yourself DC, if the fans turn (which they will if we are poor against these) he is 80% out of here. He won't get that back unless we go on a winning run and with the games coming up, I can't really see it, can you??

Edited by foreveryoung

Be nice if Gresford gets a goal.

I'm confussed. Who he?
During the palace game a poster in the match thread said we need to get gresford on, obviously he meant grealish but his spell checker must have changed it & it became a running joke in the thread because it was more entertaining than the actual game Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 3

Unfortunately I can't see the owner caring too much about it.

Its not the owner he needs to worry about. You know yourself DC, if the fans turn (which they will if we are poor against these) he is 80% out of here. He won't get that back unless we go on a winning run and with the games coming up, I can't really see it, can you??

I'm not so sure. Any other club and I'd say you're probably right. But the away fans turned big time last season and get gets a new contract. I'm just not sure those in power care. Which is a worrying mixture when the home fans finally do turn.

You would like to think so but seemingly Lambert is bullet proof...more's the pity.

Our ticket office department has took a bit of a battering on twitter tonight after avfc twitter account said anyone who wanted tickets to see the game should arrive early to ensure they get tickets.

Can someone tweet/email Mr Fox and ask him his thoughts on Southampton selling out against the mighty Ipswich over a week ago 32k!