Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Before Christmas I was quite looking forward to this. Now I am dreading another Lambert cup classic. Please just roll out a routine home win v a lower division side for once Villa. We need a pleasant cup diversion to take away from the crushing inevitability of yet another 15th place in the league.

It is Blackpool so this is exactly the sort of game in which the fringe players should be given a chance, especially after the Christmas schedule.

Steer | Lowton Okore Clark Richardson | Sánchez Gardner | Bacuna Cole Grealish | Robinson

Edited by Isa

• Aston Villa and Blackpool have only ever met once in the FA Cup, in 1938, with the VIllans running out 4-0 winners.
  • Aston Villa have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 16 FA Cup matches.
  • After a run of 12 matches without a defeat in the FA Cup against lower league opponents, Villa have lost their last two by a 1-2 scoreline.
  • Blackpool have won just two of their last 13 FA Cup matches (W2 D3 L8).
  • The Tangerines have not beaten a top flight side in the FA Cup since 1976 when they defeated Burnley. Since then they have lost nine and drawn four of their 13 games in the competition against top division clubs.
  • Blackpool have kept one clean sheet in their last 14 FA Cup matches. 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/fa-cup/aston-villa-v-blackpool/winner

-----------Guzan-------------

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

----------Sanchez------------

--Bacuna---Cole-----Grealish

------Benteke---Robinson-----

No point Given coming in, we need to win this so let's go with a keeper that can catch crosses and command his box. Tell Bacuna and Grealish to get out wide and plant the ball on Benteke's face as often as possible. Gardner can come on for Cole at half time.

we'll have 80% possession do nothing with it and they'll score the winner from a corner in the 93rd minute.

Saved me time having to watch the game.

On a related and more serious note, will the game be televised anywhere?

after our latest cup **** up to leyton orient, and our inabilty score even a solitary **** goal - who knows? 

I'm going for a spectacularly dull 1-0. a half arsed deflected shot that takes an otherwise useless wiemann shot into the net. 

Edited by Rodders