• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Hutton MOTM. The only one of the starters who tried to make things happen in attack and urged the players in front of him to move for him. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to convince them.

Sanchez was mostly good but was quite bad when he wasn't good.

Bacuna and Grealish proved that lambo hasn't been so crazy to leave them out.

Thought Cole must have been injured since he hadn't come on. Must be really unfit if it took that long to trust that he would be ab,e to finish the match.

Clark and Okore mostly ok, but both left me nervous a couple of times.

Front 3: wtf?? Don't recall a single time when one of them had the ball and I felt any sense of excitement or anticipation or hope even. That's a first.

90 minutes none of us will get back. Just glad I didn't pay to squander them.

Same as Sunderland game. I wouldn't put too much blame on lambert we are creating chances ans having possesion in the right parts of the pitch. We just don't have the players or confidence atm to put the ball away.

Gabby and Weinmann need dropping ASAP. But who is there to replace them with?

Need a striker in soon as kozak is nowhere near returning

Same as Sunderland game. I wouldn't put too much blame on lambert we are creating chances ans having possesion in the right parts of the pitch. We just don't have the players or confidence atm to put the ball away.

Gabby and Weinmann need dropping ASAP. But who is there to replace them with?

Need a striker in soon as kozak is nowhere near returning

That was terrible, especially the front three. Benteke is to good to drop just in case he starts to score again, but Agbonlahor and Weimann need to be benched. Robinson in for Agbonlahor, he cannot do any worse. Grealish did not do particularly well, but I think he can make things happen and he needs time on the pitch in order to improve.

Lambert needs to do something, he is being too conservative, and I do not think he would be lambasted for trying to make changes that instil a bit of youthful enthusiasm into the team. The performances are lacking any kind of spark.

Sanchez MOM, good performances also from Okore and Clark.

. I wouldn't put too much blame on lambert we are creating chances ans having possesion in the right parts of the pitch. We just don't have the players or confidence atm to put the ball away.

Sorry, if we don't hold the manager responsible for results, it makes you wonder what's the point of having one?

This, indeed!

I don't think I've ever seen a football team with so little point. We aren't for anything, we don't do anything, there's no plan, no drive and no passion. Safety first on every occasion. The crowd are bored and our goalscoring record is becoming a joke.

Out by Easter you are sadly so right. I don't think we could even do something as interesting as getting relegated. Lets face it we are stinking up this league. 

Watching Villa is like going very slowly round a large cul de sac on a grey winter's day.

Probably the worst game I have witnessed at Villa Park for a long time.....even worse than Sunderland and that is saying something.

Good points: The back 6 are good, Guzan through to Sanchez. Bacuna (now corrected...LOL) is very underrated too.

Bad points: Weimann is utter utter gash and Gabby is not far behind him. The former should be dropped immediately, the latter too if there is another option.

Cleverley: the irony in that name is not wasted on most fans. Having seen another no show from him has decided me, at least, that he is not worth £7.5m.

Benteke: I feel his frustration as he lives on scraps but he has to do better with what he gets,

Grealish: Far too hesitant and now constantly looks for fouls. He needs to man up and be more positive. As for his defending the least said the better.

Cole: should have started ahead of that clown Weimann,

They were very rightly booed off at the end of both halves. Utterly inept performance. Today decided me that I will give the Blackpool game a miss, I don't think I can stomach another 90 minutes of dross. 

Tom Fox has his work seriously cut out to improve our 'commercial income'. The complete crap we are treated to by Lambert each week will attract no more money to Villa including mine.

Edited by Harry

absolutely Awful - some of the most tepid football I have ever seen in over 40 years of watching villa. Has someone told Lambert that passing the ball sideways at walking pace will yield lots of goals ? - Because it wont. 

Probably the worst game I have witnessed at Villa Park for a long time.....even worse than Sunderland and that is saying something.

Good points: The back 6 are good, Guzan through to Sanchez. Bacon is very underrated too.

Streaky or back? :)

• Like 1

Good points: The back 6 are good, Guzan through to Sanchez. Bacon is very underrated too.

Bad points: Weimann is utter utter gash and Gabby is not far behind him. The former should be dropped immediately, the latter too if there is another option.

Cleverley: the irony in that name is not wasted on most fans. Having seen another no show from him has decided me, at least, that he is not worth £7.5m.

Benteke: I feel his frustration as he lives on scraps but he has to do better with what he gets,

Grealish: Far too hesitant and now constantly looks for fouls. He needs to man up and be more positive. As for his defending the least said the better.

They were very rightly booed off at the end of both halves. Utterly inept performance. Today decided me that I will give the Blackpool game a miss, I don't think I can stomach another 90 minutes of dross. 

Tom Fox has his work seriously cut out to improve our 'commercial income'. The complete crap we are treated to by Lambert each week will attract no more money to Villa including mine.

Good points and the bold part is definitely spot on ;)

absolutely Awful - some of the most tepid football I have ever seen in over 40 years of watching villa. Has someone told Lambert that passing the ball sideways at walking pace will yield lots of goals ? - Because it wont. 

But it makes our possession percentage look good...oh sorry I forgot you don't get points for that.

Good points and the bold part is definitely spot on ;)

Ah the joys of spell checker!!

Â