• Christian (non practicing)
    • Muslim
    • Jew
    • Hindu
    • Sikh
    • Agnostic
    • Aethist
    • Other (please specify)

Agnostic. I was never christened as my parents thought it should be my choice not theirs. I've chosen to be Agnostic. I don't particularly like any organised religion, I think most are in the least silly, or at worst down right dangerous. I've never been to church in my life except for funerals or weddings. I would prefer not have a religious wedding or funeral.

Yeah, that's pretty much me word for word, though I have been to church on the odd occasion as my grandparents (before they passed away) and my Dad's brother and his family are regular practicing christians.

religion was invented as a way of control and also a money makig exercise, forced upon the uneducated masses with a "buy this cross and you will go to heaven, dont buy it and you a a non-believer and as such you will be killed". i suppose you could say i'm aethist. Bible = biggest load of fiction ever written down

atheist / church of the flying spaghetti monster - but that's only because I want to dress up as a pirate on wednesdays, being the religious atire of choice.

In fact on consideration, I'm probably a spagnostic.

Organised religion in general is gobshite.

God, or a higher being, I have no problems with, that I can understand, but the coercvie elements of it, and the odd desire people seem to have to read from the same hymn sheet ( pun intended ) rather than develop their own conclusions disappoints me.

I'm so totally non religeous that I regard atheist and agnostic as reliegous beliefs all of their own. I need another category.

Religeon was invented for the primitive masses to explain the unexplainable, then later modified as a tool to control the masses. There ain't no need for it any more.

My parents, who I now know are atheist, tought me a lot about different religions when I was a child. I read easy-read versions of the Bible and other books on other religions and philosophy, in addition to more scientific and factual children's books, and was encouraged to learn about different religions and beliefs.

Very early on, I decided I didn't believe in religion. I am 100 per cent convinced there is no God, and no life after death. There are certain ideas, from various religions, that appeal to me, but I just don't buy the concept of supernatural and devine forces.

So I ended up being just as atheist as my parents, but I am very grateful that they wanted me to learn and find out for myself - giving me a real choice.

What gets me is all these atheists and agnostics (must admit I'm one too) going around using religious-style language about MON. "I have complete faith in the manager", "Don't you trust MON?", "Keep the Faith". Ridiculous.

As is some of the sexual language used, such as "enjoy the ride" and "I'm just loving it". Well it sounds sexual to me if it doesn't to you. Sexual, depraved and disgusting.

Then there's "I'm really fond of MON" and "When I think back to what it was like a year ago I smile". Sounds a bit...

Oh no, I mustn't. I mean, come on girls!

Â