• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Sanchez MOTM by a country mile, was exceptional today. Grealish looked positive. Yet again a stupid red card throws away an opportunity where I felt we would have got 3 points like the baggies game. Defended well, crying out for someone with a bit of guile though

First half was terrible. Why do you insist picking out of form players Paul? Get it sorted.

Clear red card on Delph destroys the game but it was still quite a poor performance until Grealish came on.

If Sanchez keeps this up he will be a legend at Villa. Absolutely brilliant!

We did enough to win that! Curse you Delph!

What we know:

Grealish must start
Sanchez is a God

Guzan's contact onto the post was the save of the season

Delph is an idiot

Weimann has completely lost it

Cleverly is not worth 8mil
Bacuna should play more
Zog isn't that bad and shouldn't have been subbed

Sunderland are the worst side i've seen this season by miles!

• Like 2

sanchez saved us grealish needs to start ahead of cleverly we look so much more dangerous. delph is a **** idiot. bit dissapointed with a as i think sunderland are one of very few teams who i think are even worse than villa and i genuinly think we should have taken 3 points here.

next match i would start grealish and bacuna from the start.

Didn't think Delph should've been given a red but don't feel confident of it being rescinded so who knows.

Sanchez was full on beast mode today, great performance from him.

Grealish to start next game, perhaps Bacuna too. Drop Zog and/or Andi.

Not sure why there wasn't much fuss about their keeper taking Benteke out near the end, are we not allowed pens or was there nothing in it? I don't know anymore!

Sanchez was immense and was our best player by a fair margain.  Cleverley is a joke of a player and offers feck all partly due to hiding when we have the ball but mainly due to him being extremely average. Bacuna and Grealish played great when they came on and have to start our next game.  No way was it a red, Delph was stretching for the ball and there was no malice in the challenge at all imo.    Why didn't Benteke throw his head at that last cross in by Bacuna?  

Sanchez MOTM

is it possible to vote for the opposite of MOTM? I'm looking at you Weimann..

Sanchez was a complete beast and I would be surprised to see any other votes other than on him for MOTM today. Maybe Grealish for being a great impact. I also thought that Vlaar had a great game minus that one fumble.

It doesn't take a phd in theoretical physics to determine that we are in dire need of an attacking edge. It's very, very, veeeeeery frustrating.

Don't think the red will get rescinded as the ref will argue it was a dangerous two footed challenge....

So that means we're without Delph and Westwood for the next few games. Richardson is back soon and we still have Cleverley..... FFS!

sanchez head and shoulders above everybody else - breaks up play, good range of passing and able to get up the pitch when attacking and pick a nice through ball.

well battled with 10 men, but when we had 11 we never looked liked scoring. lambert picks players based on hardwork and how good they are defensively - hence why weimann, gabby, cleverly etc keep starting even though they offer little in terms of creativity and goals. set up to defend and not lose, anything else is a bonus.

grealish created chances when he came on and crucially got the crowd into it, which in turn spurred the team on. he really needs to be starting games now.

delph is an idiot, really poor and needless challenge. and it all came about because he lost it in his own half with poor control. 

Â