Mixtapes 2014

Xann

Seems my CD rewriter is goosed. Not a problem, as I'll just nip round my parents and use one of their laptops. Just means it may be another week, before I get them in the post. 

received!

that's this evening sorted, looks tasty, cheers

• Like 2

multiple likes that man!

I've spun Dave's fairly obscure reggae CD a good 3 or 4 times now and loving it. Of the stuff on there, have to say I already had 4 of them, which only helped make me feel a bit more hipster and cool. It's also put a good few additional artists on my long list of stuff to look for when I'm in a record shop for no specific reason. 

• Like 1

Had PC's and D1's ready for a couple of days.

ChrisP's Welsh extra was done this afternoon.

Will endeavour to get them all off tomorrow.

:)

Neil Cowley

Diane Coffee

Ugly Duckling

Dunn Pearson Jr

Lee Hazelwood

stand out stuff throughout but these guys are already ripped onto another CD 

• Like 1

Enjoyed half of the Alabama 3 disc, and most of the second one from chris. Taking a few listens but improves all the time. On that note Chris, something in the post for you.

They've arrived! Thanks.

An afternoon of tiling out the kitchen to follow - so here goes...

Enjoyed half of the Alabama 3 disc, and most of the second one from chris. Taking a few listens but improves all the time. On that note Chris, something in the post for you.

Country CD - excellent. Didn't have that Johnny Cash track (I'm relatively new to Mr Cash) and yes, it is excellent. Waylon Jennings was another stand out, I think i'm going to have to search out some more Waylon. There's quite as substantial C&W section in a local second hand record store and I'm going to be in town for a few days next week.

Psych / Rockabilly CD - struggled with that a bit if I'm honest. Enjoyed the Cramps - you nearly had them on the CD I sent out. From memory, I think Link Wray might have been on there too. Rebel Son were also great. But the rest, I'll have to have another listen another day.

But overall, stacks of top stuff! I think I did rather well out of this whole exercise. Roll on next time (but give me a chance to find some stuff first).

• Like 1

15871875083_be4cfe3c2c_k.jpg15871882293_aad4bb99e6_h.jpg

Both appear to be in good nick, adding the cost of a carrier bag tipped me over the £10

I know absolutely nothing of Tanya Tucker, just saw it had 'Would You Lay With Me' on it.

An afternoon in work youtubing what I just bought, an evening at the footy, then we'll see what they sound like.

Edited by chrisp65

Â