• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Swansea were very poor, we failed to create any decent chances. The whole midfield lacked any creativity and the strikers on the pitch failed to move into positions that invited those types of passes that hurt teams.

Swansea are going to be well beat in their next match, Liverpool and we will struggle to get a draw.

Disappointed doesn't really cover it today because I expect to be let down by this team.

Disappointing.

To be honest we had a good amount of the game, and second half we looked good in possession. We were unlucky not to snatch a point at the end.

But our problem of not being able to create any chances came back to haunt us.

There are a few positives, but the overwhelming negative is we don't score enough goals, and we need to do something about it.

can we just cut and paste the hard luck comments into the sunderland post match thread.  The swansea keeper hardly had a save to make 

Although he did make one world class save and a couple of good uns. There are goals in this team, I think. If we play like we did today against Sunderland we'll beat them. That said, if we play like we did today against Swansea, you'd have thought we'd have beaten them.

People keep saying that, but 18 games in and we are scoring at .61 goals a game, A goal every 141 minutes, piss poor by any standards.

We get a shot on target every 16 attempts that equates a shot on target every 31 minutes. I am impressed with the improvements in the last few games, but unless we focus on creativity in the final third the second half of the season will be the same.

I don't think we will go down, but it's going to be another frustrating season.

Oh, it was a stonewall penalty.

Well I think there's been progress in the last few games so as fans if we get behind the team we'll reap the rewards of that over time.

Gabby was a blatant pen, without the push he would've scored. Benteke should've scored. Gabby should've done better with the header at the end and so should've Hutton. Four clear cut opportunities in the space of 25 mins. Admittedly they had that Dyer chance, but if we play like we did second half we will dick Sunderland.

A lot of ifs and wishes but no goals. 

Give me a shout when you've developed that technology where Lambert can control the players' thoughts and decisions when striking/heading a ball or stick to FIFA mate!

Maybe if you knew anything about coaching then you would know a coach does  control a players thoughts and decisions before a game by developing a pattern of play. If they are really good managers then they develop a couple so they can fall back on things if plan A isn't working.

Once they walk onto the field it is somewhat of a different matter, but if he continues to pick the same players who do the same things (not create, or score) that's down to him.

For your information, I never bother playing simulation games on TV, I was out getting my UEFA licenses. ;)

Have a good day.

If that is true you'd likely know that football is about chance creation, and there is little you can do as a manager if you set your team up, they create chances, and they fail to take them. Or do you suggest dropping Benteke?

Please don't appeal to authority, I work in the football industry. Initial UEFA licenses are piss easy to obtain if you have the time and above all money. But yeah I'll stop now, don't want you wasting time responding - the next Sterling awaits your instructions

We don't create though and that's the problem. Our final ball is piss poor for the best part and has been for a number of seasons. Lambert buys and picks the players and on today's performance you could very easily drop Benteke, on his previous two no.

Sounds like you've never taken any high level licenses as you would know the hard work that goes into them.

Eating pies at the ground doesn't put you in the football industry.

I strongly believe that you make your own luck. That's why it's difficult for me to put defeats down to being unlucky. This time we were unlucky though. We were clearly better than them and should've won.

The ref thought that the push against Gabby didn't affect his shot, which I disagree with, like we all. Wrong decision which cost us a point.

It was difficult to choose MotM. I went with Clark, who was good. No-one was even very good. Okore was exceptionally poor, Hutton was poor too. They've been so good that I let it pass though. Also, the conditions and our formation in the first half were partly responsible for their bad performance.

Just seen Lambert's post match on sky online and the guy is delusional, he's delighted with the way we performed. We are playing slightly better but delighted, is he kidding?!?! 3 shots on target, last third play is not good enough, our creativity is woeful. His interview was embarrassing...

Edited by nick76

can we just cut and paste the hard luck comments into the sunderland post match thread.  The swansea keeper hardly had a save to make 

Although he did make one world class save and a couple of good uns. There are goals in this team, I think. If we play like we did today against Sunderland we'll beat them. That said, if we play like we did today against Swansea, you'd have thought we'd have beaten them.

People keep saying that, but 18 games in and we are scoring at .61 goals a game, A goal every 141 minutes, piss poor by any standards.

We get a shot on target every 16 attempts that equates a shot on target every 31 minutes. I am impressed with the improvements in the last few games, but unless we focus on creativity in the final third the second half of the season will be the same.

Well I think there's been progress in the last few games so as fans if we get behind the team we'll reap the rewards of that over time.

Gabby was a blatant pen, without the push he would've scored. Benteke should've scored. Gabby should've done better with the header at the end and so should've Hutton. Four clear cut opportunities in the space of 25 mins. Admittedly they had that Dyer chance, but if we play like we did second half we will dick Sunderland.

Give me a shout when you've developed that technology where Lambert can control the players' thoughts and decisions when striking/heading a ball or stick to FIFA mate!

Maybe if you knew anything about coaching then you would know a coach does  control a players thoughts and decisions before a game by developing a pattern of play. If they are really good managers then they develop a couple so they can fall back on things if plan A isn't working.

Once they walk onto the field it is somewhat of a different matter, but if he continues to pick the same players who do the same things (not create, or score) that's down to him.

For your information, I never bother playing simulation games on TV, I was out getting my UEFA licenses. ;)

Have a good day.

If that is true you'd likely know that football is about chance creation, and there is little you can do as a manager if you set your team up, they create chances, and they fail to take them. Or do you suggest dropping Benteke?

Please don't appeal to authority, I work in the football industry. Initial UEFA licenses are piss easy to obtain if you have the time and above all money. But yeah I'll stop now, don't want you wasting time responding - the next Sterling awaits your instructions

We don't create though and that's the problem. Our final ball is piss poor for the best part and has been for a number of seasons. Lambert buys and picks the players and on today's performance you could very easily drop Benteke, on his previous two no.

Sounds like you've never taken any high level licenses as you would know the hard work that goes into them.

Sorry to jump into your weird debate, but GIlberto has played at a fairly high level and knows what he's on about. He wouldn't bang on about it because he's a nice bloke.

Have a good day.

Sorry to jump into your weird debate, but GIlberto has played at a fairly high level and knows what he's on about. He wouldn't bang on about it because he's a nice bloke.

So have I.  Such a nice block that he started throwing smart ass comments to score points.

I shouldn't have bought into his childish behavior. For that I apologize.

I strongly believe that you make your own luck. That's why it's difficult for me to put defeats down to being unlucky. This time we were unlucky though. We were clearly better than them and should've won.

The ref thought that the push against Gabby didn't affect his shot, which I disagree with, like we all. Wrong decision which cost us a point.

It was difficult to choose MotM. I went with Clark, who was good. No-one was even very good. Okore was exceptionally poor, Hutton was poor too. They've been so good that I let it pass though. Also, the conditions and our formation in the first half were partly responsible for their bad performance.

If you make your own luck then why has no one come up with the recipe?

If you make your own luck then why has no one come up with the recipe?

Gotta respect that post , big time .
  • Like 1

Too often we keep saying the same things after matches.

We are an abysmal attacking force and it will continue to cost us points.

Should also remember they lost a huge attacking threat early on.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Too often we keep saying the same things after matches.

We are an abysmal attacking force and it will continue to cost us points.

Should also remember they lost a huge attacking threat early on.

I'm sure most of the post games threads we lost by the odd goal you would be correct. The attacking players have very limited vision and our dead ball delivery is killing us.

I believe we sort that out and we do have  upper middle table team.

Weird how many results we've gotten from terrible performances over the years and then we dominate like that and get beaten.

I think Grealish needs a chance from the start because god help them gabby and andi are so bereft of anything resembling guile it hurts.

Andi's attempts at one-two passes are shocking. He just runs as hard as he can in a direction that may or may not make positional sense.

I can't imagine a team that would be more transformed by a David Silva or a Christian Eriksen type player than us. I think we're a good team missing that one link player.

Â