• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Deserved a point at least, we looked fairly decent in the second half. Passed the ball well, shame Fabianski made a great save near the end.

Cleverley is shocking, honestly cannot believe we are going to spend money on him.

Gutting to lose on Boxing Day again- but from 60 minutes on we played well and might easily have scored on a different day. Still lots of positives at the moment, and with the transfer window open in a week, lots of opportunity for Lambert to improve us.

Also plenty of time for us to get absolutely decimated!

Get real folks - we can't score ....Benteke or no Benteke  - also we can't keep clean sheets - we need some wingers and some strikers.  Keeping the ball is no big deal when your a goal behind - and doing nothing with it - I thought Houllier was back the way we farted about with the ball today.

We've been unlucky not to score today, wouldn't you agree?

Would you rather us not have the ball and be chasing it for the entire game, running our players in to the ground then? It is pointless to comment about possession without context - it suited Swansea the way the game played out because it is known our best chances come from counters.

Get real folks - we can't score ....Benteke or no Benteke  - also we can't keep clean sheets - we need some wingers and some strikers.  Keeping the ball is no big deal when your a goal behind - and doing nothing with it - I thought Houllier was back the way we farted about with the ball today.

some wingers and some strikers.......lol

I expect Randy will be all over that

Last 10 minutes just proof that with no decent CAM and Benteke in the team, we will win games if we just hoof it up to him. Passing out the back pointless if you're just going to get to the final third and lose it.

Ref utterly shit. Benteke petulant little baby at times but I'd still sell my left nut for him to stay.

Don't understand what Benteke was moanin about with the grealish cross. There was nothing else Grealish could have done and if Benteke or someone else had bothered making a run to the near post we might have scored. 

Incredibly good free kick by them for their goal

Was it? It was nowhere near the corner; of Guzan has stayed in his original position he'd have been able to just stick out a paw and block it. Poor goalkeeping for me that one.

I don't think so. It just stopped and dived in the air. Proper knuckleball free kick.

can we just cut and paste the hard luck comments into the sunderland post match thread.  The swansea keeper hardly had a save to make 

Although he did make one world class save and a couple of good uns. There are goals in this team, I think. If we play like we did today against Sunderland we'll beat them. That said, if we play like we did today against Swansea, you'd have thought we'd have beaten them.

can we just cut and paste the hard luck comments into the sunderland post match thread.  The swansea keeper hardly had a save to make 

He had more than Guzan did, sadly Guzan fluffed his lines and Fabianski didn't.

We need quality attacking players instead of Gabby and Weimann.  Such bad decision making when in great areas.  I was happy with how we really took the game to Swansea with the formation and lineup change after half time.  We really should of scored and we kept Swansea fairly quite bar the the start of the match up until they scored.  No complaints with the manager on this one bar maybe I would of liked Bacuna to come on for Gabby.  

Sanchez MOTM

I know we did ok vs Utd but playing 5 at the back never leads to anything good, it's classic McCleish tactics. Hutton and Cissokho were easily marked out of the game and the rest of the defence can't contribute much going forward.

The thing that annoyed me the most was how deep Delph and Cleverly were.

We improved massively in the second half. But something has to give going forward as Weimann, Benteke, Gabby, Zog have all failed to deliver the goals we need and it is a factor which could see us again flirt with relegation if we don't bring in other creative attacking options or use Grealish and Robinson, even Bacuna as nothing can be worse than what we currently offer going forward.

Was it? It was nowhere near the corner; if Guzan has stayed in his original position he'd have been able to just stick out a paw and block it. Poor goalkeeping for me that one.

It was poor goalkeeping and not the first mistake Guzan has made lately, however Okore was equally to blame for giving away the free kick in the first place. 

We've been unlucky not to score today, wouldn't you agree?

Would you rather us not have the ball and be chasing it for the entire game, running our players in to the ground then? It is pointless to comment about possession without context - it suited Swansea the way the game played out because it is known our best chances come from counters.

Unlucky that there keeper saved the one shot - or unlucky that Hutton missed 2 from 6 yds  (id say poor finishing myself) - possession with context ? - I'm not clever enough to understand that one. 

• Like 1

Was it? It was nowhere near the corner; of Guzan has stayed in his original position he'd have been able to just stick out a paw and block it. Poor goalkeeping for me that one.

I don't think so. It just stopped and dived in the air. Proper knuckleball free kick.

Usually like your posts but not this one....Guzan at fault for me

Â