• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Looking much better and we're actually fun to watch at times. What bothers me is that we have no clue how to attack. We improvise and hope for the best. And for god sake can Gabby and Weimann learn to control the ball, their first touch is worse then little kids playing for the first time!

A clever attacking mid and two widemen and we're sorted! Grealish behind Benteke is something I would love to see in the near future!

Edited by AVFCRAMTIN

I strongly believe that you make your own luck. That's why it's difficult for me to put defeats down to being unlucky. This time we were unlucky though. We were clearly better than them and should've won.

The ref thought that the push against Gabby didn't affect his shot, which I disagree with, like we all. Wrong decision which cost us a point.

It was difficult to choose MotM. I went with Clark, who was good. No-one was even very good. Okore was exceptionally poor, Hutton was poor too. They've been so good that I let it pass though. Also, the conditions and our formation in the first half were partly responsible for their bad performance.

If you make your own luck then why has no one come up with the recipe?
Maybe they just don't share it? ;)

Well, that wasn't the point in my post, so let's leave it at that.

Edited by AVTuco

I think this team will do well for us this season, we were all over them second half and well in the game. Thought benteke was poor today and that gabby looked more lively, and should have had a penalty. Weimann looked busy but his end product is so utterly frustrating. Delph and Sanchez were commendable and I thought Cleverley had a very good game. Grealish was quiet, which was disappointing - but i thought he could've come on a bit earlier, and defence was solid although Clark looked a bit lost at LB. probably right to bring Cissokho off though. So many teams worse than us, i like this team and think Lambert might just get us playing some good football by the end of the season. up the villa!

It is possible to play alright and not win. Hoofball may actually have worked better today but we went toe to toe with a good Swansea side (who have been doing this a lot longer than us) and only just came up short. We are closer to being decent than we have been for a hell of a long time and some January backing could well tip us over the edge in that regard. Plus we seem to be learning a system that might actually work at home for a **** change. We'll see how Sunderland goes but play like that and i expect a win

Edited by flamingsombrero
  • Like 2

Who is our manager and what has he done with Lambert?

- Playing out from the back

- Short pass-and-move from our midfield

- Sustained possession and patient build up

- Changes in personnel and formation when needed

That was much better than anything I have seen in a while.

• Like 1

MOTD didnt show the disallowed goal so im assuming it wasnt as dodgy as soccer saturday made out

If you meant to say penalty it was one, just that motd decided not to discuss it because we're not a really popular club in the media for some reason.

Who is our manager and what has he done with Lambert?

- Playing out from the back

- Short pass-and-move from our midfield

- Sustained possession and patient build up

- Changes in personnel and formation when needed

That was much better than anything I have seen in a while.

Yeah he finally realised his 20% posession, 0 shots on target a game style wasnt working so took a trip to Bavaria to steal some ideas from one of the best managers and teams in the world. Thank God he did and Senòr Guardiola was good enough to allow him to spy and take notes :)

MOTD didnt show the disallowed goal so im assuming it wasnt as dodgy as soccer saturday made out

If you meant to say penalty it was one, just that motd decided not to discuss it because we're not a really popular club in the media for some reason.

It was on but I was at a family do, they mentioned penalty in that Williams pushed gabby in the back as he went to lift it over the keeper

But then I'm sure they also said we had a goal disallowed (might have just been a good goal scoring opportunity) for offside but it was a Swansea defender that played the ball rather than a villa player

It was on but I was at a family do, they mentioned penalty in that Williams pushed gabby in the back as he went to lift it over the keeper

But then I'm sure they also said we had a goal disallowed (might have just been a good goal scoring opportunity) for offside but it was a Swansea defender that played the ball rather than a villa player

They had a goal disallowed for offside, Bony. It was offside.

The push on Gabby was about as nailed on a penalty as you'll ever see. The reason the ref didn't give it was because Gabby still tried to knock it with his heel as he was tumbling. As Gabby was off balance Williams shoved him in the back causing him to fly over. Ridiculous decision by the ref.

• Like 1

Â