Match Thread

limpid

Two great chances narrowly wide. A mistake leads to the goal. There's a lack of confidence throughout the defence and the conditions aren't helping. Okore is playing poorly but there's a real lethargy in the midfield too.

This is one of those games where i feel really sorry for Benteke. Poor tactics not letting up get the ball up to him. Need to change the shape and not play 5 at the back. 

Yes it's time to push forward. we can't afford to keep playing the same tactics in the second half or we'll give this one away.

Poor first half. We should drop Okore who's been poor and bring on Andi.

Go 4-3-3.

My thoughts exactly.

Okore is looking like he is playing without fully committing himself. Might be worried about his knee in the conditions.

I've missed the first half, how bad have we been?

Okore the worst, followed by Hutton. Midfield can't get forward, just sideways.

I think we're really struggling with the weather. It looks like it's improving a bit, so I hope we're better on the second half.

Swansea are playing in the same conditions and lost one of their better players early. Let's not look for excuses, this has been poor.

Villa? Poor?

Shum mishtake surely

I've missed the first half, how bad have we been?

Not dreadful, the conditions are awful and we've made individual errors.

Okore is having a bit of stinker on the ball and whilst I like our new approach of playing the ball around, the pitch is begging for us to bang it up to Benteke and get men around him.

Guzan should have done better with the goal, back line have been okay, wingbacks could be doing more, Sanchez has been very Sanchez, Delph hasn't done enough, Cleverly has been okay, Gabby has been our best player and Benteke has been largely isolated.

I think we need to make an adjustment for the weather; I think if we do we could still win this.

Formation is the problem here. Let's see how long it takes Lambert to realise this

Yes hate the formation. Hutton is always out of position. We just look crap. We need some support for Benteke. Lets take one of the cbs off at ht and bring Weimann on.