Guzan vs Friedel vs Sorensen vs Bosnich who is the best?

Demitri_C

118 members have voted

1. 1. Best Goal Keeper?

• Friedel
    • Sorensen
    • Guzan
    • Bosnich

Guzan, Sorensen… 

No Spink or Rimmer? Mmmm

OP: since premier league was formed....

Spink played in the Prem to be fair.

Can't remember how good he was those days vs. earlier. Anyway, I think this is meant to be about those people can remember. ;)

Which is why I haven't taken part..

OK, old man dAVe80 will just shut up then... ;)

He was still a very decent keeper, even in his "elder years". For the record, he played 54 Premier League games. Clicky

• Like 1

Maybe I'm wrong but I figure the only people that voted for Guzan are the ones too young to remember Bosnich.  Lets be honest Guzan is not in the top 5 Premier League keepers right now. 

Who are the top 5 keepers? I can't think of any more better than Guzan but these 4:

De Gea

Courtois

Lloris

Hart (maybe)

Think he'd just be in the top 5 in the league.

Edited by Keyblade

Gabor Kiraly was immense too though....

cant tell if your being serious or not. kiraly was bloody awful. he made a terrible clanger in the 90th minute in the cup against united. put him up there with enkleman as one of our worst

Gabor Kiraly was immense too though....

cant tell if your being serious or not. kiraly was bloody awful. he made a terrible clanger in the 90th minute in the cup against united. put him up there with enkleman as one of our worst

No way, Kiraly was top class.

Bringing in an experienced goalkeeper at the top of his game was just what we needed at that time.

I as gutted when we didn't sign the guy. I haven't been able to back to VP since.

I've always said to my lad if Guzan was in goal for Chelsea or city etc... then people would realise just how good he is, the media would be all over him, with our defence of the last few seasons he's had it tough.

I wonder if there is a stat for saves to shots ratio available? At the moment only the top 4 teams in the league have let in fewer goals (if only we could score more :) )

Guzan is really good but my vote goes for Bosnich I grew up watching him from the Holte end, I think that 93/94 season he saved 8/9 penalties including the Tranmere semi-final (what a game), also saves against blues, Arsenal (Ian Wright I think) and I think a save against Deportivo (Bebeto?) all from memory could be wrong but I had the same goalkeeper shirt B)

Edited by dotcomsimon

I've always said to my lad if Guzan was in goal for Chelsea or city etc... then people would realise just how good he is, the media would be all over him, with our defence of the last few seasons he's had it tough.

I wonder if there is a stat for saves to shots ratio available? At the moment only the top 4 teams in the league have let in fewer goals (if only we could score more :) )

Guzan is really good but my vote goes for Bosnich I grew up watching him from the Holte end, I think that 93/94 season he saved 8/9 penalties including the Tranmere semi-final (what a game), also saves against blues, Arsenal (Ian Wright I think) and I think a save against Deportivo (Bebeto?) all from memory could be wrong but I had the same goalkeeper shirt B)

I will never understand it when people say this.

It is a talksport classic.

"If Cattermole was playing for United." " If Austin was playing for Liverpool." " If Mark Noble was playing for Arsenal.."

Yeah well if those players were playing for big clubs like that it would be mean they are top class players in their own right. But alas, they don't and they aren't. That is why they are at your poxy club.

Anyways, I disgress.

Not that I don't agree that Brad isn't top class like, just a bugbear of mine.

• Like 1

I will never understand it when people say this.

It is a talksport classic.

"If Cattermole was playing for United." " If Austin was playing for Liverpool." " If Mark Noble was playing for Arsenal.."

Yeah well if those players were playing for big clubs like that it would be mean they are top class players in their own right. But alas, they don't and they aren't. That is why they are at your poxy club.

Anyways, I disgress.

Not that I don't agree that Brad isn't top class like, just a bugbear of mine.

I don't really think that's a good comparison. Just because Guzan hasn't been snapped up by one of the top teams doesn't mean he wouldn't be good enough for them. Don't forget as well that there's only room in any club for one first-choice goalkeeper.