Guzan vs Friedel vs Sorensen vs Bosnich who is the best?

Demitri_C

118 members have voted

1. 1. Best Goal Keeper?

• Friedel
    • Sorensen
    • Guzan
    • Bosnich

Bosnich for me a pity he killed his career by going back to Manchester United. I hoped he had learned his lesson from his first time with them but clearly he had not and paid a heavy price for that decision.  

Bosnich was an exceptional keeper and would have gone on to be one of the greatest of the Prem era had he have not got dragged down by outside interests.

He is younger than Brad Freidel so could have still been playing now. A real shame and I think had he have stayed with us things would have panned out differently for him.

Incredible that Friedel saved countless penalties for Blackburn (including two in one game v Sheffield) and didn't stop a single one here. I don't understand how he lost that instinct, can't just be age.

He was decent here but I don't think he ever reached the highs he did at Blackburn when he used to have a couple of games a season when he'd singlehandly keep them in games.

Friedel was average at best for us. Parried loads of shots and let in some soft ones. He isnt fit to strap Guzan and Bosnich's gloves.

Nonsense.

Way better than average. 

He didn't match the pinnacle of his career, but he was still a very good keeper for us.

I do agree that he isn't a patch on Bozzie or Guzan though.

Little known fact, I played tennis with Mark Bosnich once.

• Like 1

Bosnich

Guzan

James

Friedel

Given

Sorensen

Carson

James always got to much unfair criticism,  was really disappointed when he left. Made some amazing saves but people would go on about a dropped catch for months on end.

Friedel was a solid keeper and a great pro, but he never made any great saves like in his Blackburn days. I always found that when he did save it he would always push it back in the danger zone.

Edited by Junxs

Maybe I'm wrong but I figure the only people that voted for Guzan are the ones too young to remember Bosnich.  Lets be honest Guzan is not in the top 5 Premier League keepers right now. 

Edited by PaulC