Guzan vs Friedel vs Sorensen vs Bosnich who is the best?

Demitri_C

118 members have voted

1. 1. Best Goal Keeper?

• Friedel
    • Sorensen
    • Guzan
    • Bosnich

wtf is sorensen doing on that list?! he was awful.

The reason mate is his length of service at the club, he was our number 1 for a significant period. spink wasnt our keeper in premier league hence why he has not been featured in this debate

Bosnich got my vote pretty easily but I'm very pleased to have Guzan in goal for us. All the makings of a top-drawer goalkeeper.

The discussion on previous pages about his kicking got me thinking about something I'd not noticed before about Guzan. I generally agree distribution has been a problem, not so much that he can't play a brilliant long pass or even throw the ball out well, but too often he does neither and gives up possession one way or another (less so lately, happily). But his kicking under pressure, backpasses and so on...just not an issue.

• Like 1

Schmeichel, Seaman, Cech and Bosnich are the 4 most iconic goalkeepers in premiership history in that order imo.

Its funny how in this thread Guzan has now become one of the most overrated villa players. A brilliant keeper who i wouldnt swap for anyone in the premiership other than Courtious, Cech and De Gea but better then Bosnich, Friedel and James?! Give over.

i dont think bosnich is a class above guzan to be honest. i think bosnich had a great defence around him, while guzan doesnt. i think there really isnt much in it between bosnich and guzzy.

but one of my favourite moments of all times was bosnich penalty save against tranmere. that moment won us the cup even though it was a semi final. what a game

Brad "no goal for you" Guzan is the best out of those four at saving penalties.

Bosnich was exceptional as well.. the 93/94 season, he saved the majority he faced. He saved 2 in a game at Tottenham, which made it 5 out of 5 saved to that point in the season

Plus the 3 Tranmere penalty saves. 

You sure about that ? 

Erm yes, the premier league was formed in february 1992 and bosnich became our our consistent keeper from the 1993-94 season, so you cant judge spink on one season. as i stated in opening thread from since premier league was formed

You sure about that ? 

Erm yes, the premier league was formed in february 1992 and bosnich became our our consistent keeper from the 1993-94 season, so you cant judge spink on one season. as i stated in opening thread from since premier league was formed

Sorry but what you actually said was:

These four have been our best four main keepers since the premier league was formed but who for you is the best in your view?

If you wanted to know who people think is our best keeper since the Premier League was formed then you should have qualified that at the end of your comment.

So for me it is Jimmy Rimmer.

Edited by pacbuddies

These four have been our best four main keepers since the premier league was formed but who for you is the best in your view?

pacbuddies im sorry you perceived it like that but for me, i have clearly stated best four keepers SINCE the premier league was formed. spink falls outside that.

anyway why we arguing about such nonsense!  :D

pacbuddies im sorry you perceived it like that but for me, i have clearly stated best four keepers SINCE the premier league was formed. spink falls outside that.

anyway why we arguing about such nonsense!  :D

Merry Christmas and Jimmy Rimmer rocks!  :D

Does anyone remember that Bosnish - I think it was v coventry - basically the player took a shot - bozzie dived - but the shot then took a wicked deflection - and was bound for goal with Bozzie diving the other way - mid flight he stuck a foot out and booted the ball away...

Applause roared from the Holte End - which Bozzie gratefully accepted..

Edited by smetrov
  • Like 1