Clarke Carlisle hit by lorry

Dodgyknees

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3149218/Van-driver-swerved-avoid-Clarke-Carlisle-dead.html

Van driver, 24, who swerved to avoid Clarke Carlisle when footballer walked in front of a lorry is found dead after being 'plagued by nightmares' 
  • Chris Kilbride, 24, helped tend to Clarke Carlisle after suicide attempt
  • He swerved to avoid footballer after he walked in front of a lorry last year
  • Mr Kilbride was traumatised by the bloody scene and suffered flashbacks
  • Family confirmed father-of-two has died and paid tribute to 'amazing' man

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3149218/Van-driver-swerved-avoid-Clarke-Carlisle-dead.html#ixzz3evDAVY4q 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's awful.  :(

Don't want to jump any conclusions until a cause of death has been stated, but as it stands everybody is going to think Carlisle is in some way responsible for this. 

It's very sad indeed. No doubt this is going to hit a lot of people hard. As we know, social media is a hotbed of witch-hunting, so people will hit out at Carlisle for this. The guy wasn't in his right mind when he walked out in front of that lorry and he will be finding this as hard as anybody.

I think that makes sense.

Clarke Carlisle should have been done for attempted murder, he's a low life piece of shit.

Mental illness isn't something that deserves someone being called that.

Dunno, there's a million ways to kill yourself, why bring another person into it to witness it happening?

You've got to be a bit of prick to do that imo.

Clarke Carlisle should have been done for attempted murder, he's a low life piece of shit.

Mental illness isn't something that deserves someone being called that.

When your suicide attempt could possibly kill others or destroy other peoples lives then yes, you are truly a low life piece of shit regardless of being depressed or not. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

He wouldn't have been thinking straight at all. Can you imagine the state you'd have to be in to even consider trying to kill yourself?

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's absolved from all blame but I'm just saying he wouldn't have been in a great place in his head.

RIP Chris Kilbride

• Like 1

I appreciate he's not in a good place in his head, but that's still no excuse imo. 

Because he was/is mentally ill?

So that just makes it okay then?

Depends on your definition of "ok". It just is what it is.

Yup, it is what it is, and i'm calling him a bit of a prick. 

Pretty sure if you are of a mind to commit suicide you aren't really thinking about how it will effect other people.

Speaking as someone who has had this happen I certainly don't hold the person responsible. Of course it effects people differently and although I got over it reasonably quickly, although do still occasionally think about it, someone else could have had a totally different response. As appears to have happened in this case. I do know of other people who had to give up driving because they were involved in a suicide.

And of course when you commit suicide you will always involve other people. Maybe not directly but someone will always  have to find the body

• Like 4

I appreciate he's not in a good place in his head, but that's still no excuse imo.

It absolutely is an excuse. Otherwise, what defines an excuse? If he's mentally ill and not of sound mind then he should be treated as such.

I don't personally know the extent of his illness, I can only imagine it to be quite extreme given the circumstances.

It's very sad indeed. No doubt this is going to hit a lot of people hard. As we know, social media is a hotbed of witch-hunting, so people will hit out at Carlisle for this. The guy wasn't in his right mind when he walked out in front of that lorry and he will be finding this as hard as anybody.

I think that makes sense.

Exactly this.

I find it quite odd how most mental disorders are "accepted" and yet depression still seems to be labelled as an "excuse".

• Like 1

Â