Clarke Carlisle hit by lorry

Dodgyknees

Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life after being hit by a lorry.

Carlisle, the former Leeds, Burnley and QPR defender who went on to be chairman of the PFA and also achieved acclaim for his appearance on TV’s Countdown, was airlifted to Leeds General Infirmary with life threatening injuries.

The incident took place near Bishopthorpe in North Yorkshire at 7.30am on Monday, with the road closed to allow the air ambulance to arrive at the scene. The reason for the accident remains unclear, however a police spokeswoman said they were ‘pursuing all avenues’. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2884045/Clarke-Carlisle-fighting-life-hospital-hit-lorry-A64.html#ixzz3MfIR9ViC 

Buggery, I wiped off an E. 

Edited by DK82

Absolutely shocking news. Thoughts with he's family.

Ive edited this post to say a suicide attempt was baseless speculation from a journalist on twitter and now appears to not be the case.

Here's hoping to a fast recovery.

Edited by Jimzk5

Not sure, like I said I hope it's not true

Not the thread for my opinion on suicide, I've got nothing against depression or suicidal people but I strongly disagree with people that commit suicide by stepping out in front of cars / lorries / trains I think it's unfair on the driver and dangerous

• Like 3

This time of year does get to a lot of people who are already feeling low.

Hope he pulls through and gets the help he needs.

... as has been said though. IF you're going to take your own life, dragging in innnocent people who will be scarred mentally, and possibly physically for the rest of their lives is not fair.

Where's the suicide rumours coming from? People should express caution with stuff like this I think. Even if so, I don't think "fuming" is the right response.

Good luck Clarke.

The police report implied that he either stepped out into traffic or jumped from an overbridge above the road. 

Where's the suicide rumours coming from? People should express caution with stuff like this I think. Even if so, I don't think "fuming" is the right response.

Good luck Clarke.

The police report implied that he either stepped out into traffic or jumped from an overbridge above the road. 

Yep, hardly the sort of road you'd take a casual work across. 

• 1 month later...
Â