• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Gabby getting sent off bizarrely may have helped us because the crowd came to life.

Pragmatic question requiring a pragmatic non-extremist answer. Will he get the card rescinded? 

You would think that if it is challenged, regardless of whether we think it was a yellow, a foul, no foul or a foul the other way, there was absolutely no violent conduct or dangerous play by the book (or literally any attempted tackle in the game is in some way dangerous) and it should be rescinded. Having said that, I have no idea why Paul Konchesky's was, when Benteke's wasn't and neither was Fabianski's after a handball by Sakho changed the course of the ball before his non-dangerous last man challenge.

...in summary, I really do not have a clue what the FA will decide to do. Perhaps they just flip a coin.

• Like 2

Can't believe we got a point, it all seemed to be going so predictably after the equaliser and sending off. Shame we couldn't have made more of the late chances we created.

The only real weak point was Lowton, just too slow and frail to play as RB.

Good to see Benteke bollocking Bacuna at the end - don't get me wrong, Bacuna had a good game and it wasn't a bad ball that he put in, but a better one would have got us the win, and those higher standards are what all players should be aiming for, being disappointed at not winning rather than being happy with a draw.

I blame Rooney for the sending off as much as Young. Annoys the hell out of me the way he pressures the ref for a red.

Thought the back three system worked well today. With Hutton back next game Lambert should stick with it. Now need 5-6 points minimum from the next three games.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/F26DA1986A1158124318945890304_37487e02672.1.4.16550114344781348173.mp4?versionId=YM49ooiYpYWGHFbSesscgDGYRmUJo67z

Shocking

There’s been a few controversial refereeing decisions in the Premier League recently, with many accusing referees of going soft.

And it’s no wonder if they keep giving decisions like this, with Gabriel Agbonlahor getting a seriously harsh looking red for a challenge on Ashley Young.

Young and Agbonlahor went into each other, in a genuine 50:50 tackle.

But Lee Mason didn’t see it like that and decided to dismiss striker Agbonlahor for the tackle. Absolute madness.

The bizarre run of ref decisions keeps on going.

Edited by 8pints

Listing to the gobby cabbage on the radio on the way back and does not think it was a red card says it all about Lee Maison .

well they say the house has all the cards. quelle spunktrumpet. 

sorry your'e going to have to explain that one to me

rubbish joke, play on words. Maison is french for house. Typical gambling euphemism is the house has all the cards to suggest it has all the influence. Le(e) Maison = The House, and he has exerted his influence to award us a bad hand / card. 

Spunktrumpet is not connected to the joke by the way. 

• Like 1

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/F26DA1986A1158124318945890304_37487e02672.1.4.16550114344781348173.mp4?versionId=YM49ooiYpYWGHFbSesscgDGYRmUJo67z

Shocking

There’s been a few controversial refereeing decisions in the Premier League recently, with many accusing referees of going soft.

And it’s no wonder if they keep giving decisions like this, with Gabriel Agbonlahor getting a seriously harsh looking red for a challenge on Ashley Young.

Young and Agbonlahor went into each other, in a genuine 50:50 tackle.

But Lee Mason didn’t see it like that and decided to dismiss striker Agbonlahor for the tackle. Absolute madness.

The bizarre run of ref decisions keeps on going.

Thats barley a yellow - let alone a straight red - if anything Young is more the guilty party......a staggering decision ....just don't see how the ref got a red from that...kinda worrying in a way....

• Like 1

Listing to the gobby cabbage on the radio on the way back and does not think it was a red card says it all about Lee Maison .

well they say the house has all the cards. quelle spunktrumpet. 

sorry your'e going to have to explain that one to me

Maison = French for house

Thought Villa gave a good performance. We are a solid side now with a class striker back to form.  I was not that impressed with Yewunited- yes they has most of the possession, but they were ponderous and we caught them on the break on numerous occasions. Playing Carrick as a defender and Rooney as a midfield was a bit of a batshit selection by Van Gaal but meh who cares. They are miles from the top 2. 

Although Lambert gets rightly a lot of criticism on VT I thought today his tactics were spot on, so well done Paul. Agree with everyone else the red was just bonkers- it was just a 50-50 in my books. Villa rallied well after that and could have nicked the 3 points right at the end.

All in all it was a good peformance to set us up for the xmas period of fixtures. UTV.

Do think though - that united were so woeful in the first 45 - we perhaps should have tried to kill the game while we were so much in the ascendency....over the next few games I think we need to be more aggressive in really giving someone a good walloping - there is still an element of getting our noses in front and holding what we have.....we need to destroy someone soon..... 

Edited by smetrov

Â