Gaming 2015

hogso

Star Ocean 5 looking good! Going to be released on PS3 & 4, and is set on the timeline between the second and third games. It's alledgedly being developed with fans of the 'older generation games' in mind. The Second Story is fantasic, and while I didn't enjoy Till the End of Time all that much, it did have an absoloute doozy of a plot twist, which pretty much made the whole thing worth while (unless you didn't like the plot twist in which case it probably ended up in the bin).

For those unfamiliar, Star Ocean is basically a space themed JRPG developed by tri-ace, which is significant not only for it's setting, but for the seriousness and tone of the plot, as well as being an early adopter of mutilple endings and optional conversations with team mates, which also included quite revoluntionary relationship potentials for your character during the PS1 era. The games are set in the same universe, but at various times in that universe - think 'star dates' from Star Trek. The new game is subtited 'Integrity and Faithlessness'. It won't be out over here this year though.

Edited by hogso

• 1 month later...

Hoping Mad Max can be decent. Haven't seen much, but seems alright from what I've seen.

EDIT: Noticed that's what been talked about on this page.

Edited by kurtsimonw

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds pretty cool.

The secretive Star Wars game Amy Hennig is directing for EA Visceral has been described as "Star Wars in the style of Uncharted", and "along the same lines" as gritty and glitzy third-person action adventure Star Wars 1313, which was canned.

The descriptions came from actor Nolan North, who's best known for bringing Uncharted hero Nathan Drake to life.

"If you're a big fan of Amy Hennig and her styles of story: the big thing about her is that she's gone to EA and is going to reboot a brand new Star Wars franchise in the style of Uncharted," he told an audience at Metrocon 2015

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-29-amy-hennigs-ea-star-wars-game-like-uncharted-and-1313-says-nolan-north

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At last, after barely any games to play all year a bunch of games are close to releasing.

I'll be picking up Until Dawn next Friday and then MGS 5 on the following tuesday.

After i've got everything i can out of MGS 5 i'll be picking up Mad Max.

Edited by Bradd92

Everybody's gone to the rapture probably has the best soundtrack i've heard in a game for a long time.

Is it a game? There's no skill or luck involved from what I've seen, but it is a fascinating thing sure enough.

It's like an immersive 21st century John Wyndham novel, and you're right about the soundtrack, it's very clever.

Everybody's gone to the rapture probably has the best soundtrack i've heard in a game for a long time.

Finished it yesterday. The ending was certainly interesting without spoiling it.

It's very involving for what is essentially a walk around Shropshire. You basically walk around and are presented with the memories of several people from theast few days and have to try and piece together what happened.

it's not a game for anyone who wants to be shooting things or doing anything action orientated. But as I said it's very involving, subtly unnerving and pretty deep if you jump into it.

Just been to pick up Metal Gear Solid AND Mad Max :D

That's me sorted for a bit.

Where on earth did you get those from this early before street date?! Especially metal gear as I know Konami have been very strict with supplier breaking the street date.

Local independent store.

Took a bit of a punt with Mad Max as I haven't seen any reviews yet, but the gameplay videos look right up my street so i'm reasonably confident it will be enjoyable.

• Like 1

Local independent store.

Took a bit of a punt with Mad Max as I haven't seen any reviews yet, but the gameplay videos look right up my street so i'm reasonably confident it will be enjoyable.

FUUUUUUU

With regards to Mad Max it is by Avalanche who did Just Cause - one of my favourite games of the last 5 years, safe assumption this will be half decent.

• Like 1

With regards to Mad Max it is by Avalanche who did Just Cause - one of my favourite games of the last 5 years, safe assumption this will be half decent.

Ooooo - didn't know that  :)  Yes, i'm another huge fan of Just Cause - looking forward to 3.