All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

I don't think the Daniel Craig Bond films are necessarily linked to any of the other films that came before it.

Who gives a shit if some idiots are pissed off at it? It's their stupid fault for being so closed minded, I couldn't care less what those morons think. It's a film. If it's well acted and well written, who cares?

Some people need to get some perspective and some real problems.

Whitewashing characters in Hollywood has been going on for years, with Caucasian actors playing characters who aren't white. See Exodus: Gods and Kings last year or Star Trek the year before. If Idris Elba wants to play Bond, he should be given a fair audition at least.

If you'd have asked me to pick a new bond before this story popped up he wouldn't have crossed my mind, but the more I think about it the more I think Idris Elba would be an incredible bond, and now I really want to see it happen.

On topic

a49OqWZ_460s.jpg

Edited by jjaacckk91

I think he'd be a great Bond. But I can also see why it would annoy some people.

And I don't think that makes them close minded or racist. I just think some people like things to stay the way they are. Just liek when there was a buzz that Craig would be the first blonde Bond.

I think the same people who wouldn't like Idris being Bond would react the same if it was a woman playing Bond, or a ginger male, or fat guy, or a dwarf.

If someone doesn't want Idris as Bond because they don't like black people, then obviously that's totally different. But I think most people's objections to him getting the role would be more innocent than that.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

with bond it doesnt work like that, the franchise is already well established, and they have already changed him several times but always had that continuity of who he is, there are several links to previous films in every film, changing him to a black man will confuse the audience, even if they do yet another origin angle on it, and if it doesnt confuse things then it still runs the risk of pissing people off, with the talent that would (and always be) available for the role it just seems utterly pointless

Confuse the audience? I think when he walks in and says, 'The name's Bond, James Bond,' everyone will know who he is. Hell, it'll be so publicised that we have a black James Bond that no one will ever be confused.

And who would get pissed off about it? What does it actually matter in the grand scheme of things? He's a hell of an actor and would do a cracking job. What does it matter what the colour of his skin should be? I despair for people who get upset about stuff like that, it's pathetic.

It matters because the films are linked, often weakly, there are always nods to previous films, mentions of his wife etc there is at least some continuity, if you make him black then that's gone, it doesn't make sense unless they did a reboot which I can't see them doing due the success of the recent one

Seeing as people got pissed off about them doing it to Felix and then to moneypenny I don't see how you can think that it won't piss people off, I'm not it's right but there are enough idiots out there, not just in this country either

I can't think of any film or tv show that has done something similar without rebooting

Felix Leiter is a good example.

From Diamonds Are Forever onwards he is missing a leg and an arm after a naughty nip from a few sharks, if audiences failed to notice their miraculous regrowth, surely they won't notice a darker complexion.

James Bond isn't a period piece if people don't want a black bond because it's out of wack with the times of the original books then surely loads of other things in the modern films shouldn't be there either. I myself personally think Idris can do better than play James Bond anyway.

James Bond isn't a period piece if people don't want a black bond because it's out of wack with the times of the original books then surely loads of other things in the modern films shouldn't be there either. I myself personally think Idris can do better than play James Bond anyway.

No it isn't. But changing Bond's appearance is a quite big change to make. If they made him American and working for the CIA then people would be up in arms as well even if he looked exactly the same.

I am on the same page, in that I have no problem with a black Bond. I think Elba would do very well indeed in the role.

I just don't necessarily think that those objecting are racists.

• Like 1

Elba would be an excellent Bond because he is an excellent actor - same reason Craig is a good Bond, and so was Connery. 

Moore, Lazenby, Dalton and Brosnan - not so much. 

• Like 1

Elba could gurn his way through a feature length product placement campaign just as much as the next guy, personally I think its beneath him. Get over yourselves, Bond is shit.

It's really not though. Not recently.

And whether you think it's beneath him or not, it's still a huge role for british actors.

Elba could gurn his way through a feature length product placement campaign just as much as the next guy, personally I think its beneath him. Get over yourselves, Bond is shit.

It's really not though. Not recently.

And whether you think it's beneath him or not, it's still a huge role for british actors.

Its not shit but they are very guilty of gross product placement - "Rolex....no....Omega." :puke: 

Â