All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

Pizzas, famously associated with Islam.

It's been a very long while indeed since I came across a pizza takeaway that was run by Italians rather than... you know... THEM.

Pizzas, famously associated with Islam.

It's been a very long while indeed since I came across a pizza takeaway that was run by Italians rather than... you know... THEM.

indeed

many places are now just turning into general takeaway food places

what used to be an indian takeaway close to us recently sent out those annoying letterbox clogging leaflets advertising that they did indian, chinese, kebabs and pizza

B7DqU2nIMAA9NhI.jpg

I do find it odd how James Bond is now essentially Doctor Who and can be regenerated as a black guy. I think the argument is probably that the film franchise is sort of beyond the books now and James Bond is more of a 'concept'.

Or something like that. Either way Idris Alba > Pierce Brosnan

B7DqU2nIMAA9NhI.jpg

I do find it odd how James Bond is now essentially Doctor Who and can be regenerated as a black guy. I think the argument is probably that the film franchise is sort of beyond the books now and James Bond is more of a 'concept'.

Or something like that. Either way Idris Alba > Pierce Brosnan

I think these days colour and gender are treated as invisible, so Swan Lake can be done by all men, Hamlet can be a woman and James Bond can be any race whatsoever.

The ability to smoke sixty cigarettes a day should be the only other hurdle. :)

If Tom Cruise can play Jack Reacher then Idris Elba can play James Bond.

not the same, forgetting the physical descriptions bit for a second and purely from a production point, cruise bought the rights to jack reacher, the film needed a star in order to try and get a franchise going, so he put himself in it, and fwiw i thought reacher was a good film and that they should do a sequel, purely from a film point of view it works, the majority of the audience have no visual representation of reacher other than cruise so the criticism that reacher should be a big brick shit house of a bloke and cruise isnt is lost

with bond it doesnt work like that, the franchise is already well established, and they have already changed him several times but always had that continuity of who he is, there are several links to previous films in every film, changing him to a black man will confuse the audience, even if they do yet another origin angle on it, and if it doesnt confuse things then it still runs the risk of pissing people off, with the talent that would (and always be) available for the role it just seems utterly pointless

with bond it doesnt work like that, the franchise is already well established, and they have already changed him several times but always had that continuity of who he is, there are several links to previous films in every film, changing him to a black man will confuse the audience, even if they do yet another origin angle on it, and if it doesnt confuse things then it still runs the risk of pissing people off, with the talent that would (and always be) available for the role it just seems utterly pointless

Confuse the audience? I think when he walks in and says, 'The name's Bond, James Bond,' everyone will know who he is. Hell, it'll be so publicised that we have a black James Bond that no one will ever be confused.

And who would get pissed off about it? What does it actually matter in the grand scheme of things? He's a hell of an actor and would do a cracking job. What does it matter what the colour of his skin should be? I despair for people who get upset about stuff like that, it's pathetic.

• Like 4

Confuse the audience? I think when he walks in and says, 'The name's Bond, James Bond,' everyone will know who he is. Hell, it'll be so publicised that we have a black James Bond that no one will ever be confused.

And who would get pissed off about it? What does it actually matter in the grand scheme of things? He's a hell of an actor and would do a cracking job. What does it matter what the colour of his skin should be? I despair for people who get upset about stuff like that, it's pathetic.

It matters because the films are linked, often weakly, there are always nods to previous films, mentions of his wife etc there is at least some continuity, if you make him black then that's gone, it doesn't make sense unless they did a reboot which I can't see them doing due the success of the recent one

Seeing as people got pissed off about them doing it to Felix and then to moneypenny I don't see how you can think that it won't piss people off, I'm not it's right but there are enough idiots out there, not just in this country either

I can't think of any film or tv show that has done something similar without rebooting

Â