All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

58 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

lcdL2h2.jpg

According to IMDB he didn't work for 3 years after that part having appeared in something for the preceding 5 years.  Just how vigorous was it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

[fun police but] why did this joke need to be attached to a picture of Diane Abbott?

Because she famously said a couple of silly things, I think she got some basic maths wrong iirc so she’s a target for Internet jokes.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Because she famously said a couple of silly things, I think she got some basic maths wrong iirc so she’s a target for Internet jokes.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but lots of people in public life have said silly things at various points, it's just very very noticeable that the target is the woman who gets 10x more abusive and threatening messages than any other MP.

I get that I'm being humourless about it, so I shall leave it there, but I do not love it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, I'm aware of that, but lots of people in public life have said silly things at various points, it's just very very noticeable that the target is the woman who gets 10x more abusive and threatening messages than any other MP.

I get that I'm being humourless about it, so I shall leave it there, but I do not love it.

She certainly gets her fair share, but this week I’ve seen plenty for Boris (as usually), jokes aimed at Raab about not knowing basic geography or time keeping etc. Hancock got plenty too. I don’t think it’s a colour or a sex thing personally (but could be wrong).

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

She certainly gets her fair share, but this week I’ve seen plenty for Boris (as usually), jokes aimed at Raab about not knowing basic geography or time keeping etc. Hancock got plenty too. I don’t think it’s a colour or a sex thing personally (but could be wrong).

its a labour thing as well, probably with a bit of brexit thrown in too and with that there will be a touch of both sexism and racism due to the right wing opposition to it 

im not going to suggest that the tories invested some money in the dark arts and specifically targeted her for social media ridicule during the last election...but its definitely stuck

i would say that she was maybe the 2nd highest profile figure in corbyn's labour, he got battered and so did she, it was almost american, forget all the things she's good at, forget all the things the tories are bad at, dont even think about whether or not she'd be better than what we currently have...here's a photoshopped picture of her not being able to wear shoes properly, dont vote for her because she's stupid, vote for Boris he's got a posh voice so must be clever...and every Dave in the country bought in to it

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm sure the poster wasn't posting it as sexism or racism, but there is a very frequent thing that happens that people on far-right Facebook groups put 'quotes' that she has never said on images of her; sometimes those 'quotes' are straight up racism, and sometimes they're bad jokes as here, but a lot of this stuff comes from very fetid sources. And she gets more than her fair share; analysis by Amnesty before the 2017 election found that 45% of all abuse directed at female MPs was directed at her.

Anyway, I'll really leave it this time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

It’s a joke that some may find funny. I didn’t write it, it was on the net.  If you don’t find funny, that’s fine but no need to comment about it and make it into something that just isn’t there.  I’ll leave it there.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

Â