Jump to content

All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition


Xann
 Share

Recommended Posts


  • VT Supporter
7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

I tried fencing once at an event I went to with a rugby playing mate.  You know the sort, rugger high Jinx types. Always up for a bit of rough play. (cue KW). 

Anyway, instead of the forward jab type of attack he just started slashing at me like a broadsword which basically mean as he thrashed at my shoulders and arms he was essentially just whipping my back as the tip of the foil whipped around my body. 

Of course scoring a hit on him by just jabbing into his chest didn't stop the onslaught, he just carried on. 

By the end of the session my back was raw like I'd been lashed with a Cat o' nine tails. 

Representative for Wellingborough. 

  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I tried fencing once at an event I went to with a rugby playing mate.  You know the sort, rugger high Jinx types. Always up for a bit of rough play. (cue KW). 

Anyway, instead of the forward jab type of attack he just started slashing at me like a broadsword which basically mean as he thrashed at my shoulders and arms he was essentially just whipping my back as the tip of the foil whipped around my body. 

Of course scoring a hit on him by just jabbing into his chest didn't stop the onslaught, he just carried on. 

By the end of the session my back was raw like I'd been lashed with a Cat o' nine tails. 

Representative for Wellingborough. 

I have instructed archery, fencing and abseiling in the past. The first time I instructed those pastimes was the first time I had any experience with them. Archery there was always some know it all kid who had their own bow and was fantastic at it, they would end up criticising me. words removed. 
Fencing was fairly straight forward but again, similar kid who had watched too much errol flynn and wanted to chop down the **** with the foil. 
Abseiling was a whole different ball game. One time I am taking a kid through the basics and the arsehole decides to let go of his rope and jump. Should have let the little word removed bounce off the grass instead I had severe rope burns saving the little bastard. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have instructed archery, fencing and abseiling in the past. The first time I instructed those pastimes was the first time I had any experience with them. Archery there was always some know it all kid who had their own bow and was fantastic at it, they would end up criticising me. words removed. 
Fencing was fairly straight forward but again, similar kid who had watched too much errol flynn and wanted to chop down the **** with the foil. 
Abseiling was a whole different ball game. One time I am taking a kid through the basics and the arsehole decides to let go of his rope and jump. Should have let the little word removed bounce off the grass instead I had severe rope burns saving the little bastard. 

As someone who's done a lot of abseiling it does somewhat scare the shit out of me that your first experience of it should be whilst instructing on it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, sidcow said:

As someone who's done a lot of abseiling it does somewhat scare the shit out of me that your first experience of it should be whilst instructing on it! 

It was the early 90s. Things were different then man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â