All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Yet you’re superior to the scientific evidence that says wearing them reduces transmission. Where did you get the information to form the judgement that they are useless? I’m genuinely interested. 

I never said I was superior to anything 👍

Just now, hycus-flange said:

Went through masks in March to July, pestilence is still prevalent, ergo masks are not doing the job that we are told they should be doing, as I said, a piece of cloth;/ paper isn’t a good enough barrier for people to get on their high horse to try to shame others to comply.

The important word with mask wearing is “reduces”. Nobody claims they kill the virus or stop it’s transmission.

Wearing a mask reduces the amount that the virus spreads. The science supports it. If nobody wore a mask the transmission and prevalence of the virus would be much higher than it is.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The important word with mask wearing is “reduces”. Nobody claims they kill the virus or stop it’s transmission.

Wearing a mask reduces the amount that the virus spreads. The science supports it. If nobody wore a mask the transmission and prevalence of the virus would be much higher than it is.

I’m glad you think they are working, maybe you could let boris know, he might remove this latest lockdown

2 minutes ago, hycus-flange said:

I’m glad you think they are working, maybe you could let boris know, he might remove this latest lockdown

You're still not getting it. It reduces the spread. Reduces. There would be more cases if people didn't wear masks. 

I can't believe we're still having to have this discussion, 9 months in. Christ.

Anyway, wrong thread.

• Like 3

Putting your hand in front of your face when you sneeze or cough obviously doesn't 'stop' the spread of germs, but it has some effect, so it's simple good manners to do it. Wearing a face covering (over the nose, natch) in public is clearly going to be better than than that, even if not 100%. So, common sense, good manners, and hardly any great imposition. 

• Like 1

I've seen this non-argument from Trumpidiots on social media - if masks work, why do we need social distancing? And if social distancing works, why do we need masks? 

I despair. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I've seen this non-argument from Trumpidiots on social media - if masks work, why do we need social distancing? And if social distancing works, why do we need masks? 

I despair. 

It's because their minds can only process 1 thing at a time

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hycus-flange said:

It was your use of “idiots” that riled me, (as if you are superior) noticed how you said you only stare at them “Roy Kane style” from behind your ill fitting piece of cloth though,  but don't say anything as you probably haven’t got the minerals for a confrontation.

btw, you’re the one who has bought up conspiracy theories 👍

I can’t be sorry for using the word “idiots”, because that’s what someone is if they refuse to wear a mask in enclosed public spaces. In my opinion, of course. It’s not even a minor inconvenience to just pop on one when you go into a shop, and help reduce the spread of the disease. Anyway, this has been done to death, and it’s in the wrong thread. 

Back on topic now. 

A0FEEA51-79C4-493A-A3FE-F83A60F6EFDA.jpeg

35 minutes ago, hycus-flange said:

Aahhh, the tolerant left. 

This can be used both ways when the "tolerate right" can't even tolerate wearing a mask despite evidence showing it can help reduce the spread of a virus.

Now which one is more pathetic?  Not doing as you've been asked?  Or moaning about someone moaning about someone not doing as they've been asked?

You often don't see the brick falling on your head on a building site, but it's still there.  Wear a hard hat.  Problem solved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

This can be used both ways when the "tolerate right" can't even tolerate wearing a mask despite evidence showing it can help reduce the spread of a virus.

Now which one is more pathetic?  Not doing as you've been asked?  Or moaning about someone moaning about someone not doing as they've been asked?

You often don't see the brick falling on your head on a building site, but it's still there.  Wear a hard hat.  Problem solved. 

Never said I don’t wear a mask. Just objected to the condescending attitude of the better than you wet wipes

Â