All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

15 hours ago, Rodders said:

SPOILERS  for 1981 film Escape to Victory if anyone is so concerned (although the clue's in the f**king title)

Reveal hidden contents

67167549_10219301622560560_4052306471319

I love this movie (the only time the singing of La Marseillaise can bring a tear to my eye!), but this picture is bugging me for the use of Baumann (character name) whilst all the other (named) players have their actual names. I believe the guy that played Baumann was Werner Roth who was in the same New York Cosmos side as Pele. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ml1dch said:

I can't imagine you've seen Casablanca then.

Beat me to it. Great scene. They originally wanted to have the Germans singing "Deutschland Uber Alles", but the studio nixed it, what with the war being on, and they substituted "Die Wacht am Rhein". Still worked. 

Then there was the identical conceit in "Zulu", when the Taffs outsang the Zulus with "Men of Harlech" (of course, we all know that the 24th Foot was mostly Brummies, but, hey). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 23/07/2019 at 09:01, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I love this movie (the only time the singing of La Marseillaise can bring a tear to my eye!), but this picture is bugging me for the use of Baumann (character name) whilst all the other (named) players have their actual names. I believe the guy that played Baumann was Werner Roth who was in the same New York Cosmos side as Pele. 

"Half time Hatch"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We  actually had a Magnus Chord Organ in the house when I was a kid. My efforts to make it sound like a Hammond B3 were all in vain. 

I had one, too.  I played a mean "Bicycle Built for Two".

• Like 1

Â