All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

1 hour ago, Xela said:

the-best-funny-pictures-of-bad-dad-jokes

This joke relies on pronunciation. Ages ago, we had a VT OT discussion on how to pronounce 'one'. My wife insists that it rhymes with 'run' (so the joke would work). I say it to pronounce with 'on'. Is this a Brummie thing? 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

This joke relies on pronunciation. Ages ago, we had a VT OT discussion on how to pronounce 'one'. My wife insists that it rhymes with 'run' (so the joke would work). I say it to pronounce with 'on'. Is this a Brummie thing? 

Midway between the two for me. Closer to wun. Like the eneducated peasant I am. 

Just now, Seat68 said:

Midway between the two for me. Closer to wun. Like the eneducated peasant I am. 

No, that's apparently the posh, proper, RP way to say it. Mrs. M brooks no argument. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I pronounce “one” that way, rhyming with “gone”.

For a while when I was a kid I would pronounce “won” to rhyme with “one/gone” as opposed to “gun”. It just seemed to me that would be how it should be said. I quickly stopped when other kids where asking me to say “we won one-nil”.

22 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah, I pronounce “one” that way, rhyming with “gone”.

For a while when I was a kid I would pronounce “won” to rhyme with “one/gone” as opposed to “gun”. It just seemed to me that would be how it should be said. I quickly stopped when other kids where asking me to say “we won one-nil”.

See, this never happened to me until I'd been married for years, and her indoors started taking the piss. I thought she was barmy with her 'wun', but a straw poll suggested that I was in a minority. I refuse to change, though. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 1

I did know it was bostin’, honest. It was like, my joke on me trying to sound like a local and not having a clue.
It’s like, I’m trying to blend in and I think I’m doing a good job. But you all know from the get go that I’m a ‘jam jam’.
There, I did it again.
Not really sure where I’m going with this.

Â