Drones

Risso

• 2 months later...

It explodes. Honest.

I'm unsure how long it would take me to trust that if I chucked it off the side of a bridge it wouldn't just plummet to the ground :)

• Like 1

What happens after 20minute flight time? Does it need charging up again? 

Yes.  I bought a couple of spare batteries for my DJI Phantom so I can get an hour of flying time if needed.  I don't know about the one above, but the batteries on mine recharge pretty quickly.

Drones are ace.

Can't believe there is a thread on drones! I've been thinking about getting one for ages but not had anywhere to discuss them with anybody and none of my mates are interested. Can't believe I stumbled across this.

Anyway, I don't know where to start. I like the look of the Zano, didn't know anything about it until I saw Limpids posts. Has anyone had a go with one yet? (Limpid mainly aimed at you?) I think it would be a good flying device to start with before I splash out on a DJI!

Loving this.

The DJI is supremely easy to use Tayls, and an entirely different beast to the Zano.  It comes pretty well ready to fly, and you just need to download the DJI app for your mobile phone.  There's a really good DJI users page on Facebook too.

Anyway, I don't know where to start. I like the look of the Zano, didn't know anything about it until I saw Limpids posts. Has anyone had a go with one yet? (Limpid mainly aimed at you?) I think it would be a good flying device to start with before I splash out on a DJI!

The Zano is a kickstarter, they aren't shipping yet.

The DJI is supremely easy to use Tayls, and an entirely different beast to the Zano. It comes pretty well ready to fly, and you just need to download the DJI app for your mobile phone. There's a really good DJI users page on Facebook too.

They look excellent. Strike me as being the 'Apple' of the drone world. Just a bit expensive to begin with though I think. Tempted to start small with the Zano and see how I get on, whilst saving some pennies for something a bit bigger! How often do you go out and use yours?

Fair enough, wasn't sure if you got like an early version or something, but having done more reading on it, I understand more. One thing I can't quite figure out is how the Zano is charged? Is it a simple plug for a socket or do you need the 'fuel' that they are selling?

Fair enough, wasn't sure if you got like an early version or something, but having done more reading on it, I understand more. One thing I can't quite figure out is how the Zano is charged? Is it a simple plug for a socket or do you need the 'fuel' that they are selling?

It's is charged with electrickery :)  The fuel thingy is just a fast charge battery. I can't remember if it got funded, but one of the stretch goals was to run connectors to the ends of the arms so that it could charge in the case.

I've been accepted on the Zano beta programme. I guess that most people who applied are on it. Hopefully early access will be more good than bad :)

The DJI is supremely easy to use Tayls, and an entirely different beast to the Zano. It comes pretty well ready to fly, and you just need to download the DJI app for your mobile phone. There's a really good DJI users page on Facebook too.

They look excellent. Strike me as being the 'Apple' of the drone world. Just a bit expensive to begin with though I think. Tempted to start small with the Zano and see how I get on, whilst saving some pennies for something a bit bigger! How often do you go out and use yours?

As often as I can, which is largely weather dependent.  I've got some spectacular shots with it lately.

Â