Outfoxed

omariqy

Spent some time on YouTube today and it seems that there are a lot of videos dedicated to proving how bad Fox News is.  This thread is for videos, articles, blogs etc dedicated to debunking myths spewed by organisations such as Fox News, The Sun, The Daily Mail etc.

I'll start with one of my favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO_om3iK9kE

Dick Cheney is appearing on NBC's Meet The Press on Sunday to presumably defend torture. While in office he liked going on Meet The Press, because he could set the parameters and control the message. Let's see if NBC uses the word torture or "advanced interrogation techniques".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just watched Christiane Amanpour lob a series of softball questions at William Hague on CNN. She's such a hard hitting journalist, eh?

CNN: The World Leader in Journalistic Mediocrity

Just watched Christiane Amanpour lob a series of softball questions at William Hague on CNN. She's such a hard hitting journalist, eh?

CNN: The World Leader in Journalistic Mediocrity

Yes she's pretty soft. Sadly it's the "business" of journalism. The PR people that manage the politicians just won't allow real journalistic inquiry. Any reporter gets ostracized if they don't follow the script.

If you believe what you hear on Fox News, Disney’s Frozen is nothing but misandrist propaganda.

During Wednesday’s Fox & Friends – the crown jewel program at a network known for its loose interpretation of facts – host Steve Doocy raised awareness about Hollywood’s latest nefarious plot to undermine American masculinity. Doocy took issue with Disney’s Frozen, the wildly successful children’s film released more than a year ago, saying the movie empowers young girls by “turning our men into fools and villains” – an agenda they dubbed the “Frozen effect”.

Penny Young Nance, the CEO of Concerned Women for America – “the women’s group that loves men” – went on: “We want to empower women, but we don’t have to do it at the cost of tearing down men ... Men are essential in our society.”

“It would be nice for Hollywood to have more male figures,” Doocy concluded, a wish at odds with nearly every metric for gender equality in Hollywood.

The sentiment has been almost universally condemned on social media.

“If I see one more thinkpiece about how Hollywood is too kind to women and not respectful enough to the male population I just don’t know what I’ll do,” Kevin Fallon wrote at the Daily Beast.

Frozen, which generated more than $1bn in global ticket sales and won the Golden Globe for best animated film, has been hailed as an unexpectedly feminist work from a company not exactly known for empowering depictions of women.

Guardian

lol

if only there were more men! i mean, just look at the oscars' best picture nominees, nary a man between them.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Â