Villa FA Cup Draw 3rd Round

andykeenan

You'd like to believe given the next 5 games we have before the FA Cup we should still have some form and confidence. 

I don't care too much about the domestic cups unless the team is stable in mid table. But I know other value them and it would be important we win this match for all those

What was with all the guff before it? That and the Monday night draw, force feeding us the history of the FA cup again

The more they talk about it, the more you know it's not the same as it used to be.  

Problem with the FA Cup 3rd round, it is on the back of 2 rounds of league football barely a week before it. People just don't want to/can't afford to watch their team 3 times in a week. Villa played 2 home games in the entire months of September and October- and now it will be 3 games in 6 days! Crazy. They should have 1 less round of Premier League matches over the Christmas period and have a midweek round in August or September.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure this won't be tv game at least. Blackpool away would have been nice. Villa should just close the whole upper tier of Villa Park for this one. No I am being serious. This will get less than 20,000 in, even if the tickets are a tenner.

Trinity Upper be closed always is for FA Cup

3rd round should be at the END of January, like it used to be.

I was born on 3rd round Saturday, just before pub opening time, this getting a big thumbs up from my Dad.

I am pretty sure this won't be tv game at least. Blackpool away would have been nice. Villa should just close the whole upper tier of Villa Park for this one. No I am being serious. This will get less than 20,000 in, even if the tickets are a tenner.

Trinity Upper be closed always is for FA Cup

It's  a good idea- it makes the crowd look less spread out. I went to a league cup game (Rotherham I think) with the upper trinity closed and the crowd look much more compact without it when it's around the 22-20,000 mark. Given our recent cup games and 2 games previous in the week I guess this will be the sort of crowd that will turn up at best.

Didn't even know the draw was on. God the FA cup really has fallen hasn't it. FA Cup 3rd round weekend is now a joke and if Villa aren't in it I lose all interest in the competition. Such a shame that the domestic cup has been reduced to the level as the copa del rey etc. in other countries.

Player reaction

FA Cup third round draw

Posted at 19:36

Blyth Spartans captain Stephen Turnbull on his side's home draw with Championship Birmingham: "It was a bit of an anti-climax! I wanted Manchester United to be honest. We will just have to give it our best shot."

I wonder how they would've reacted to a draw at Villa Park? Surely that would still be a great day out for a non league player?

Player reaction

FA Cup third round draw

Posted at 19:36

Blyth Spartans captain Stephen Turnbull on his side's home draw with Championship Birmingham: "It was a bit of an anti-climax! I wanted Manchester United to be honest. We will just have to give it our best shot."

I wonder how they would've reacted to a draw at Villa Park? Surely that would still be a great day out for a non league player?

Of course it would as they would be nailed on to win!

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 2

Nice draw. We will not be playing many if any of the first team but surely can win this one at home... 540 minutes from Ron or Gabby going up to lift the FA Cup?  

About as much chance as me doing Kate Upton up the wrong 'un