What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

(
is the definitive version of that song, IMO)
:o

You could easily be burnt at the stake for uttering heresies like that.

I'd agree, the Fleetwood Mac version pisses over the Priest version froma great height. Incidently, Fleetwood Mac, a band I'd generally written off, have some stonking tracks I've discovered, can't believe I never really bothered with them.

This reminds me of a debate I've often had with a mate who says that a cover version can never better the original, as the original is the intended version and anything else can never, by definition, be a better version.

(
is the definitive version of that song, IMO)
:o

You could easily be burnt at the stake for uttering heresies like that.

I'd agree, the Fleetwood Mac version pisses over the Priest version froma great height. Incidently, Fleetwood Mac, a band I'd generally written off, have some stonking tracks I've discovered, can't believe I never really bothered with them.

This reminds me of a debate I've often had with a mate who says that a cover version can never better the original, as the original is the intended version and anything else can never, by definition, be a better version.

There's a cover versions thread somewhere in Off-Topic.

The Peter Green era Mac were indeed special. My album tips are: "Then Play On", "The Vaudeville Years" (out-takes, etc., but has some great stuff) and the live "Boston Tea Party" albums - one of them has a 24-minute "Green Manalishi".

Â