What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Released 25 years ago today 

@Genie @lapal_fan @villa4europe @NoelVilla

A classic. I went through a spell of not liking it for a number of years. Massively overplayed. Nowadays, I can appreciate it again. 

It’s a great song. I’ll always remember it when I went to Tenerife with 2 mates in ‘99 I think. We were wankered in the middle of the day and it was belting out of one of the beachfront bars. Sunshine, beer and Wonderwall. It was an epic time 🙂 

• Like 2

My wife recently got a wonderwall tattoo done! It's an incredible song, I actually think the lyrics once you cut through them and remove some of the usual oasis "what does that even mean" in terms of being a love song are brilliant (hence the tattoo, I couldn't sell her on slide away) 

I also think it's the magic of oasis for 3 reasons

1 - this song is fairly simple from what I gather, which is an easy criticism of oasis but it also seemingly enabled every busker in the country to be able to play this song, I've had some great nights in City centres singing it with strangers

2 - this song was everywhere, I was working with my dad at the time and heart FM had this on all day, it was every radio channel, you can say that blur were better or radiohead or pulp or suede or any other one of them, none of them managed the reach of this song

3 - the B sides were swamp song, round r way and most importantly the masterplan, it was the first cd I ever bought and I ruined it I played it that much

I think it's so overplayed its taken for granted and disregarded, it's uncool even when the oasis fans put together their top 10s and stuff and turn their noses up at it, as a result its an underrated song, it's the band in a nutshell for me, it's a massive song in my life 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Guitar, bass, drums, spit some lyrics that are a click above the usual ‘I love you, la, la, la.’

dead easy

Somewhere, in a box, I think I have pretty much everything that was ever issued as a single by The Jam.

Including some Japanese import stuff that was mad crazy prices. Like, £2 when singles were 75p.

I cut up bits of NME and experimented with my own lyrics and stuck it all on the covers. 

I shall see if I can find them later, and see just exactly how cool I was. I had a pritt stick, and I wasn’t afraid to use it.

It's such a bloody stone cold classic isn't it? Still got the 7" around somewhere that I bought with my pocket money from the Music Box in Cradley 🙂

A huge part of my early musical years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

It's such a bloody stone cold classic isn't it? Still got the 7" around somewhere that I bought with my pocket money from the Music Box in Cradley 🙂

A huge part of my early musical years.

I am not really a fan of The Jam, or Weller in general but can appreciate a well written tune. Earlier in the week me and the current wife were talking about That’s Entertainment. It has to be one of the best songs ever written. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 4

Â