What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Jarvis Cocker just covered this but nothing can touch The Fall. 

Conflicted, very conflicted, no idea whether to seek it out or not

On the one hand I love The Fall and it's off IAKO which is not only a favourite album but I worked the whole tour for the album with BP as support

On the other hand I also like Jarvis so I'm sorely tempted, then I find out it's some sort of tribute to Michael Clarke at the Barbican so there's a high possibility actual lovies were involved and that could spell disaster....

Ah feck... I'm going to have to. On your head be it Mr Seat!

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

Conflicted, very conflicted, no idea whether to seek it out or not

On the one hand I love The Fall and it's off IAKO which is not only a favourite album but I worked the whole tour for the album with BP as support

On the other hand I also like Jarvis so I'm sorely tempted, then I find out it's some sort of tribute to Michael Clarke at the Barbican so there's a high possibility actual lovies were involved and that could spell disaster....

Ah feck... I'm going to have to. On your head be it Mr Seat!

Its moderately faithful and excellent. 
venus in furs first then at 5m30 new big prinz

25 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Its moderately faithful and excellent. 

It's not as good though. It's not bad but it just doesn't have the bombast of the original. The cover of Venus in Furs was better

The lighting does Jarvis no favours though, with his goatee, everytime he holds the mic to his face.... Hitler Moustache :mrgreen:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's not as good though. It's not bad but it just doesn't have the bombast of the original. The cover of Venus in Furs was better

The lighting does Jarvis no favours though, with his goatee, everytime he holds the mic to his face.... Hitler Moustache :mrgreen:

Its not even close to the original, its definitely in my top 5 Fall tracks. Always hit and miss what he would do in his live set and the first time I saw them they ended with it. Such a joy. 

40 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Its not even close to the original, its definitely in my top 5 Fall tracks. Always hit and miss what he would do in his live set and the first time I saw them they ended with it. Such a joy. 

One of the last times I saw The Fall was at the O2 Academy in Liverpool, as is usually the case at such gigs I was in amongst of load of people my age or older who were all in bands / hung round with bands etc in the eighties. I was stood next to an old mate Bernie Connor and the opening bars of Psykick Dance Hall bellowed out towards the end of the set, this is some thirty odd years after Dragnet came out, me and Bernie just looked at each other with big massive grins. Only time I ever heard them play it live and I had to wait over 30 years!

So...

• Like 1

Â