What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Ha. What a fool. Bought a split single by a Canadian punk band last year. 

I am so scene.

• package imageLimited edition split single featuring the tasty sounds of Chachi On Acid and legendary country music artist Butch Haller and His Chesterfield Ramblers. It's a special edition of 300 random coloured 7"s bound to be the crossover hit 
Limited edition split single featuring the tasty sounds of Chachi On Acid and legendary country music artist Butch Haller and His Chesterfield Ramblers. It's a special edition of 300 random coloured 7"s bound to be the crossover hit record of the year! 

I bought it as I buy Butch Hallers shit. I love that guy. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

Yep, I’ve had a bit of a think and a bit of a check. I’ve got some ‘newer’ singles I’ve been given, or that have come as a freebie in an album or some such. But it’s 30 years since I actually went out and deliberately bought a physical format single.

Having said that, I think the most monetarily valuable vinyl I’ve got is that single from 2017 by KH, but I was given that for free at the time. Actively considering selling that one - I’ve never sold a record or flipped a record in my life...but...£100 for something I got for nothing?

Before the one above I struggle to think of one bought in the last 10 years. I was contemplating one on eBay this week as it's the only gap in my records for the band The Family Cat, but then resolved not to buy it as I am unlikely to play it. That aside really can't think of a physical single I have bought in the last 10 years. 

That’s a bloody good tune!

As ever.

I bought that single more as an encouragement for them to issue more stuff and hopefully work towards an album. it was limited run of 500 and it’s the most m,usurious single I’ve ever bought, it’s 12”, glossy clever cover art, thick spine full of tiny writing, inner sleeve and heavyweight vinyl. So it’s clearly trying to justify nearly a tenner for 2 tracks or 18 minutes of music.

Interesting, that on their discogs page, they’ve laid claim to the Mwng album, but none of the rest of the back catalogue.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Having said that, I think the most monetarily valuable vinyl I’ve got is that single from 2017 by KH, but I was given that for free at the time. Actively considering selling that one - I’ve never sold a record or flipped a record in my life...but...£100 for something I got for nothing?

I sold my first record just after xmas. It's how I paid for my London splurge the other week

I sold this

R-5042612-1384323813-5312.jpeg.jpg

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Float Along - Fill your lungs. First Pressing in Orange vinyl. £350

I bought a newer version for £20 because I do like the album but if I can swap out like that and still have a copy of the album, then I'll do it as I can buy a shit load more records for effectively no outlay

• Like 3

Â