What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

My Sunday pastoral phase is over. Just cleaned this up, time for some Sheffield '80s Industrial. Workforce - Skin Scraped Back. A 12" on Cabaret Voltaire's Doublevision Label

Playing it out of curiosity after cleaning it. I was into a lot of this Sheffield Industrial stuff back then.

More of the same chtick, this time The June Brides on Marc Riley's In Tape records

Jingle Jangle with added trumpet. The cover in the video is the 7", The 12" has a completely different sleeve which wasn't standard practice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

One for @Seat68 I think. C86 Brum Indie band's debut single for Gobshite Bluenose Records (sorry, Chapter 22)

It's fairly typical jangly indie fodder of that era

I bloody loved these and throwaway is up there with their best work. 

Edited by Seat68

As labels go, unintentionally I own a fair amount of Chapter 22, Pastels, Mighty Mighty and PWEI spring immediately to mind. It wasn't a label that I was drawn to as they liked goths. Unlike Sarah Records of Bristol, I have so much of their stuff even now, that was a label I would buy and not necessarily the bands. There was a label up in York I think or Sheffield I used to buy stuff by. No a Google tells me it was Subway Organisation and they too were Bristol. 

• Like 1

Weird clip. They overdubbed the black guy's harmonica with an accordion. And the singer implored the audience to "drown him out" when he was doing the solo and then they inserted a kazoo instead of the fake accordion. 

Charming old folk tune I guess, but thank **** for the Beatles

Â