What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Yes, but not for me, never liked Maiden, and I have one Quo LP to my name.

I'd still be playing the Beach Boys in '83, but alongside Van Halen, Dio, Saxon, Helix, Slayer, Metallica etc

I @~#@!"$% put Saxon and then backspaced it and chose Iron Maiden. I was genuinely trying to think of the cruddiest band I could, and Saxon was my go to. 

Always go with the gut feeling.

They really are a band I've ignored for a very long time, I used to be quite disparaging of them at times but I appear to be liking them again in my older years. (Always liked the cover of this one)

R-184951-1400017166-8313.jpeg.jpg

For those unfamiliar with the band I give you the tube...

I really have no recollection of The Higson's ever being on 2Tone but I was mooching through the racks looking for the next record to play and in between 2 12" records this popped out (7"s shouldn't be there), more remarkably it's as good as the day it was made. Currently, the only copy for sale in the UK is £18 and it's not in this good condition.

R-1385401-1215100279.jpeg.jpg

Going all Acid House now, a copy of Born in the North by Us (A Guy Called Gerald, Edward Barton & Chapter and Verse)

Only UK copy currently on Discogs is going for £40 but £20 would be a more reasonable price for this copy (as the seller is taking the piss)

R-106137-001.jpg.jpg

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Bit of a mystery this one. No mention of a clear vinyl version on Discogs

There was a limited edition clear vinyl, retailing for £3.85, available from good record shops - somewhere like the old Probe records in Liverpool would have been a good place for you to get a copy.

?

must be be worth a good few quid now.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, blandy said:

There was a limited edition clear vinyl, retailing for £3.85, available from good record shops - somewhere like the old Probe records in Liverpool would have been a good place for you to get a copy.

?

must be be worth a good few quid now.

Doubt it's worth much at all, it's Pankow ?. But a few On-U completists now need another record ?

• Haha 1

Got a wave of nostalgia earlier, listening to Gideon Coe, he played (the superior imo) peel Session version of this

I could almost hear myself breathing in the background, sitting in the control room at Maida Vale whilst Dale Griffin twiddled the knobs

Â