What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Another one of those - I have no idea why I have this record - records. Not sure if I was attracted by the band's name, the cover or the title of the song (I'm a Train)

R-2294760-1306354205.jpeg.jpg

There doesn't appear to be a Youtube video for the 12" version which has a really long lumbering ambient intro which sounds rather like something a band would play before they come on stage to announce their arrival (The A side plays at 33rpm its that long)

11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Blimey you've been conned, Clint Eastwood is white and six foot four tall.

Is "I Talk To The Trees" on it?

You'll be telling me next that General Saint wasn't a bona fide saint with attributed miracles.

Stop that train was a proper piece of dancing tunage, back in the day. I've still got that, somewhere in some storage crate, on a Greensleeves 12".

What would 1983 have been for your lot? I guess it was Iron Maiden and Status Quo? 

I'm going to guess we'd have rarely passed through the same types of bars and clubs.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You'll be telling me next that General Saint wasn't a bona fide saint with attributed miracles.

Not only that, he wasn't a General, either!

Whatever next? Lana Del Ray, Seasick Steve and Tom Waits are not actually the same as their musical personas?

Captain Beefheart, by the way...

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

Not only that, he wasn't a General, either!

Whatever next? Lana Del Ray, Seasick Steve and Tom Waits are not actually the same as their musical personas?

Captain Beefheart, by the way...

and yet

356x237.jpg

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I wasn't sure enough people would know old Joe, so I went with Jarvis.

It's a very young and dynamic demographic here in VT and they're more likely to know up coming pop bands like The Pulp.

On a related tangent, picked up a fare last night, 3 young ladies about 20-22 in age (final year students from the conversation) and Disco 2000 came on the playlist from Spotify in the car.

All three of them burst into song, knew all the words, start to finish

Oh I love Pulp... There's a rumour they are headling Glastonbury... Oh I **** hope so I love Pulp was the way the conversation went

ME: You weren't even born!

36 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Stop that train was a proper piece of dancing tunage, back in the day. I've still got that, somewhere in some storage crate, on a Greensleeves 12".

What would 1983 have been for your lot? I guess it was Iron Maiden and Status Quo? 

I'm going to guess we'd have rarely passed through the same types of bars and clubs.

Yes, but not for me, never liked Maiden, and I have one Quo LP to my name.

I'd still be playing the Beach Boys in '83, but alongside Van Halen, Dio, Saxon, Helix, Slayer, Metallica etc

• Like 1

Â