What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

found on a memory stick, with no info showing other than the date it was loaded on the stick

but as soon as it chimed in I remembered what it was!

if I could do that sort of memory trick with work related stuff I'd be rich!

credit to @Xann and I'll dig the whole cd out later

• Like 1

I never got the appeal of Boston.   Their first album came out when I was in high school and everyone went crazy over them and it did nothing for me.   Perhaps because all the "cool" kids liked them my opinion swayed from indifference toward mild dislike.   I also never liked the album cover.   Of course, at the time, I wasn't really into rock music yet, as I was a trumpet player in band and we were all listening to Maynard Ferguson and the like.  Listening this song again now, my opinion hasn't changed much.

Definitely wouldn't have them as one of my favourite artists, but they made some good stuff. Their debut is excellent. Always liked their album covers too. They were one of the new breed of bands that appeared in the mid 70s and took over the airwaves with their AOR melodic sound. This is where I start to dislike rock, but Boston were one of the better bands from that era. Early Foreigner weren't too bad either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Definitely wouldn't have them as one of my favourite artists, but they made some good stuff. Their debut is excellent. Always liked their album covers too. They were one of the new breed of bands that appeared in the mid 70s and took over the airwaves with their AOR melodic sound. This is where I start to dislike rock, but Boston were one of the better bands from that era. Early Foreigner weren't too bad either.

First two are absolute classics, third one isn't bad either.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I never got the appeal of Boston.   Their first album came out when I was in high school and everyone went crazy over them and it did nothing for me.   Perhaps because all the "cool" kids liked them my opinion swayed from indifference toward mild dislike.   I also never liked the album cover.   Of course, at the time, I wasn't really into rock music yet, as I was a trumpet player in band and we were all listening to Maynard Ferguson and the like.  Listening this song again now, my opinion hasn't changed much.

You must be American. No 'cool' kids EVER liked Boston (and that type of music) in Britain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

You must be American. No 'cool' kids EVER liked Boston (and that type of music) in Britain. 

That's surely based on nothing more than a feeling?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â