What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

On 19/01/2017 at 15:38, Xann said:

@mjmooney - If I was going to get you into the African stuff it would be this before the Onyeabor...

Batsumi - 'Itumeleng'

The first album is a beautiful thing.

Oh, African. Hi-life, that sort of thing? I can take it or leave it, TBH. 

50 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, African. Hi-life, that sort of thing? I can take it or leave it, TBH. 

You've never shown much interest before.

We'd file the Onyeabor in the World section, but have a copies in Soul/Funk/Disco.

The Batsumi lived in the Jazz section. Whilst The vox and wind instrument arrangement indicate its origin, it is first and foremost a Soul tinged Jazz recording.

It's a lovely genre transcending album.

55 minutes ago, Xann said:

You've never shown much interest before.

We'd file the Onyeabor in the World section, but have a copies in Soul/Funk/Disco.

The Batsumi lived in the Jazz section. Whilst The vox and wind instrument arrangement indicate its origin, it is first and foremost a Soul tinged Jazz recording.

It's a lovely genre transcending album.

Like I say, African stuff (huge variety of styles I know) is not a big interest, but not a huge turnoff, either. File under 'meh'.  The 'soul/jazz' label is moderately interesting - I may or may not have a listen - I'm actively trying not to get into anything new, too much music is starting to overwhelm me. I'm mainly listening to white singer/songwriters (currently into a huge 'everything Bob Dylan ever recorded' project), early 20th C classical, and 50s jazz. 

28 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The singer sounds a lot like Sanchez .

Yeah, similar sounding. Not my normal cup of tea. I don't listen to a lot of lovers rock sounding stuff, but I'm a sucker for a soulful voice.

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Yeah, similar sounding. Not my normal cup of tea. I don't listen to a lot of lovers rock sounding stuff, but I'm a sucker for a soulful voice.

If it's a soulful voice you enjoy then try the Beres Hammond track " love means never to say that your sorry " ,you'll thank me for it .

I haven't got a clue how you upload videos to VT ,so I'm afraid it's You Tube .

If someone could explain ( in very simple terms ) how to upload videos to VT on my samsung galaxy tablet ,I would be most grateful .

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

If it's a soulful voice you enjoy then try the Beres Hammond track " love means never to say that your sorry " ,you'll thank me for it .

I haven't got a clue how you upload videos to VT ,so I'm afraid it's You Tube .

If someone could explain ( in very simple terms ) how to upload videos to VT on my samsung galaxy tablet ,I would be most grateful .

On your You Tube link, just below where the video plays, and the title of the video, there’s a share button. Click that, and it gives you a share link. Copy that, and paste it straight into your post. The magic of the internet will take care of the rest.

8 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

On your You Tube link, just below where the video plays, and the title of the video, there’s a share button. Click that, and it gives you a share link. Copy that, and paste it straight into your post. The magic of the internet will take care of the rest.

When click the share link I've got all these different posts such as , g mail , hangout, Skype and various others . Where do I go from there ? I  should of warned you this wouldn't be easy ( smile ) .

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

When click the share link I've got all these different posts such as , g mail , hangout, Skype and various others . Where do I go from there ? I  should of warned you this wouldn't be easy ( smile ) .

ignore them, and copy the link under it. E.g. "https://youtu.be*******" 

If you're still having trouble, have a look here

It's the VT site issue section, and our evil overlord limpid has explained it in greater detail (with illustrations!).

6 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

ignore them, and copy the link under it. E.g. "https://youtu.be*******" 

If you're still having trouble, have a look here

It's the VT site issue section, and our evil overlord limpid has explained it in greater detail (with illustrations!).

You've either got it or you ain't.  And as for limpids tutorial , "right click ", "cd+1" , what on earth is that all about , hence my plea for simplicity . 

Hey , you tried and for that I'm thankful .

Maybe someone will give me a practical demonstration  .

Â