What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Moved on to the classic compilation On-U Sounds Presents Pay It All Back Volume 3. Someone said a while back on VT that all compilations are crap. I begged to differ then as I do now the PIAB series for starters were all excellent and contained many tracks unavailable elsewhere. Volume 3 is a particular favourite and there's talk of a new one next year now the label is up and running properly again

From V3 I present to you the magnificent Little Annie (Annie Anxiety, Little Annie Bandez)

I'm enjoying that Primal Scream early mix of GUBDGO, but considering it's Stones-inspired, the guitars are a bit lacklustre. Martin Duffy's piano though, is consistently excellent. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

More importantly, an original and integral member of Felt (one of Brum's finest ever bands) and sometime member of the Charlatans

Met him on a train from Brum to London once. He had a Villa program so we ended up talking the whole way (we had both been to the game the day before.)

Got to London and I got my trombone out form the luggage rack and he said "oh you're a musician?" So then we started talking about music and went to the bar in Euston station. He dropped 1/2 an E and I had a few pints of Guinness!  Good times ?

• Like 2

Cybill Shepherd - 'Find me A Primitive Man'

16 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Roll a fat one before.

Harvey Mandel's is nice, but my favourite doesn't bare the title at all. It's a Chappell library recording by Jack Arel called 'Picture Of Spring'.

Track is in three sections, the concluding part being the homage.

Â