What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

A stone cold classic from my early childhood, I vividly remember me and my little brother dancing around the living room to this like idiots around Christmas time 1989 aged 3 and 4 while mom put the tree up listening to this.

My dad recorded us doing this and we had a family tape for years of various moments between Christmas 1989 until my birthday in April the next year. Sadly the tape was lost years ago and I had completely forgotten  about this song until just 15 minutes ago when Match of the Day played it during their first video bit.  

Made me feel a bit melancholy and wistful if I’m honest. Mad how a song can instantly plant you in a forgotten time and place and bring old memories back. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

A stone cold classic from my early childhood, I vividly remember me and my little brother dancing around the living room to this like idiots around Christmas time 1989 aged 3 and 4 while mom put the tree up listening to this.

My dad recorded us doing this and we had a family tape for years of various moments between Christmas 1989 until my birthday in April the next year. Sadly the tape was lost years ago and I had completely forgotten  about this song until just 15 minutes ago when Match of the Day played it during their first video bit.  

Made me feel a bit melancholy and wistful if I’m honest. Mad how a song can instantly plant you in a forgotten time and place and bring old memories back.

That’s the power and connection of music. It makes being alive better.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

If this doesn't get you in good groove heading out tonight then I don't know what will

That brings back memories.   My high school pep band used to play this at basketball games in the late '70s.

First performance together  for a few years. Phil Collins on drums. It's shit and it's rocks  at the same time. They sound terrible, but it's pure Rock N Roll literally. A chaotic, shambles of a performance which suits page's style. A free for all anything goes looseways , or sideways. Love it.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

The things she does with the word 'one' in the lines of 'For me there is no one but you'. confusedadorationemoji. Just make the hairs tingle on the back of my neck stand up every time I hear them. Absolutely captivated by this lady's voice since the first time I ever saw The Blues Brothers when I was about 12 years old. Apparently she is unwell. This seemed apt.

• Sad 1

Â