Diego Costa

penguin

He was like that in Spain too. Don't worry about it, every league needs a pantomime villain and Costa will fill the void left by Luis Suarez.

Indeed, he suits this Chelsea side and their pantomime villain manager so well.

Not too many players about who suit their side better than he does Chelsea.

Maybe Phil Bardsley at Stoke.

Great, all round forward.

Any player ever had 20 yellow cards in a season yet?

Probably not in England. Surely not!

At the moment, if it were to happen, they'd be missing more matches than Lee Cattermole.

You're suspended for an increasing number of games depending on how many sets of five bookings you pick up, but the number could peak at 3 I'm not sure.

Play in games 1-5

Out for 6

Play in 7-11

Out for 12 & 13

Play in 14-18

Out for 19-21

Play in 22-26

Out for 27-29/30

So it could happen, you've got eight or nine games spare to not get booked.

Edited by Tomaszk

Robbie Savage holds the record with 14 I think. Maybe you could get 20 in a season if you included international football and champions league, but in a premier league games only I think the suspensions issued during the course of the season would make it virtually impossible to reach 20 cards.

The guy is box office. I'd rather have a "character" like him that yet another anodyne clone of a footballer who never steps out of line and never takes a risk.

By character do you mean "arsehole". That elbow he did the weekend was dangerous play, the kick out was worthy of a red card.

The guy is box office. I'd rather have a "character" like him that yet another anodyne clone of a footballer who never steps out of line and never takes a risk.

By character do you mean "arsehole". That elbow he did the weekend was dangerous play, the kick out was worthy of a red card.

Pretty much, yes. Who doesn't love a panto bad guy?

I get what you're saying and if he deliberately goes out to hurt someone (and only he will know for sure that he does) that's one thing but who wouldn't love an "enforcer" type of player playing for their team.

He plays with passion and an obvious desire to win. I like that in a player, even if he does regularly overstep the mark.

Edited by choffer

Â