Pre-match thread

roonst83

We need to try and be positive against Palace. Seeing Cole's performance against Burnley, along with the rare inclusion of Grealish makes you question why we haven't shaped up like that in recent games. It smacks of negativity and if we're relying on only approaching games in a positive manner against teams in the bottom three then we'll never progress. It's time to start taking the initiative and trying to play football against the likes of Palace.

Sounds like Vlaar, Senderos and Baker will still be out so it'll be the same defence. Benteke will start up top and I'd like to see Cole sat behind him. Weimann to make way for Benteke as Gabby has looked quite lively in the past couple of games.

Palace are strong at home so this will be a big test for us. I expect far less of the ball than at Burnley so important for us to use the ball well when we have it. Having Cole and Benteke should help with that. Please God no more injuries or suspensions.

Edited by limpid

Very very tough game. We need to watch out for Bolasie's pace breaking forward.

Hopefully Benteke can come in and hit the ground running. I'd go:

------------Guzan--------------

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

Westwood Sanchez Cleverley

---------------Cole--------------

--------Benteke Weimann------

Gabby to come on to stretch them

• Like 1

Drop Gabby for Benteke, otherwise keep the same line up.

Yes I agree as Gabby has been playing up top , So its a straight swap

Bolasie is a major threat. A real test for Hutton!

Edited by PaulC

Very very tough game. We need to watch out for Bolasie's pace breaking forward.

Hopefully Benteke can come in and hit the ground running. I'd go:

------------Guzan--------------

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

Westwood Sanchez Cleverley

---------------Cole--------------

--------Benteke Weimann------

Gabby to come on to stretch them

Agree with that line up 100%. Think we will get 4 points from next 2 games. That will mean 5 unbeaten. A real confidence booster. I am confident that if Cole stays fit he wil offer Benteke a good supply. Grealish for Cole and Gabby for Weimann on 75 mins if we find ourselves 1 up again. Whatever, we must keep attacking and not defend so deep as this has cost us 4 pts in the last 2 games IMO.

We will at some point. Could be Tuesday or could be Saturday but we will win.

I think that's more to do with our players aren't that bad that we can't win any games anymore rather than a sudden change from what I've seen from Lambert.

Drop Gabby for Benteke, otherwise keep the same line up.

Yes I agree as Gabby has been playing up top , So its a straight swap

Bolasie is a major threat. A real test for Hutton!

Hutton will take him. He's the Boss.

I really really hope Benteke scores at least one. It would make things much easier going forward.

Andi gets another assist or two.

Edited by AVTuco

I think keep the formation we used at the weekend, hopefully Cole can do two games in a few days, if not, I hope it's Grealish and we don't try to make either Gabby or Weimann our playmaking number 10.

For the front two, Gabby's looked dangerous for an hour of both of our last two games, I think you start him with Benteke.

So Gabby and Benteke, with Cole in behind and Weimann and Grealish to come on with 20 minutes left.

I quite like that.

• Like 3

I think keep the formation we used at the weekend, hopefully Cole can do two games in a few days, if not, I hope it's Grealish and we don't try to make either Gabby or Weimann our playmaking number 10.

For the front two, Gabby's looked dangerous for an hour of both of our last two games, I think you start him with Benteke.

So Gabby and Benteke, with Cole in behind and Weimann and Grealish to come on with 20 minutes left.

I quite like that.

I'm on a similar train of thought, but with a few differences:

TacticsAVFC_zps5f14e0a7.jpg

Andi is getting very frustrated as the game goes on and he's getting prone to wearing himself out early on - this is why I'd like to see him come on as a sub... but in an assisting role, rather than as a striker. That might help counteract our 2nd half "we're really tired and want to sit back" approach. Hopefully that would re-inject some pace and keep the fight going forward.

I want to see Jack start then maybe come off later on, mainly to see what he can do. Impossible to gauge his abilities at the moment.

A big focus on refreshing the midfield would hopefully keep the ball going forward. Need to stop this sitting back crap and attack, attack, attack! Our defence isn't bad at the moment, it's just that they aren't getting a break - midfield need to do a better job of keeping hold of the ball so the back 4 don't get run ragged.

Edited by F-87