Pre-match thread

roonst83

I think Cole should play in midfield and drop one of Sanchez or Westwood for Benteke. The the back 4 whoever is fit plays

We've improved from West Ham to Southampton to Burnley and now we need to try get the win as if we follow that up with a win against Leicester we'll look back on 9 points from 5 games as a big result and start saying unbeaten in 5. 

I want us to include Cole if fit. benteke should come in for Westwood or Cleverley. They do the same job. We don't need both.

Agree.

Cleverley if we're planning on buying him in January as I'd like the midfield as settled as possible.

Westwood if not.

I'd prefer the latter

Feeling good about this game

Dunno why. We'll probably lose 5-0 now

This will be the first game I have ever been to where I will be sitting with the opposition fans watching Villa. Going with a Palace supporting mate.

Genuinely worried as I am not a man who can generally contain myself when watching us play. Add to the mix that I will have been drinking for approximatley 6 hours beforehand (Xmas Do) so should make for an interesting evening.

I'll go for a Villa win, big man is back and surely we have to get three points at some point!

Edited by villaglint

Hmmm, nope can't see us winning this one either. Maybe a point if things go our way.

This for me unfortunately. Its a truly sad indictment of where I feel we're at as a club when there's no way I can see us winning it. Against Place. Ridiculous.  We should have more of the ball then we did against Saints, but less than we did at Burnley. Need a win, but cant see it. 

Guzan

Hutton        Okore        Clarke        Cissokho

Sanchez

Westwood  Cleverly

Cole 

Grealish

Benteke

I want 4 points from the next 2 games. Whatever way that comes is fine. But 4 or 6 points is needed. 

No matter the opposition I will never be unhappy about getting a point away from home. If we were offered 19 points from all our away games of the season I'd take it. Without question.

I want 4 points from the next 2 games. Whatever way that comes is fine. But 4 or 6 points is needed. 

No matter the opposition I will never be unhappy about getting a point away from home. If we were offered 19 points from all our away games of the season I'd take it. Without question.

given our home form that would not be good!  We need wins away

When did we last beat Palace? They did the double last year and i dont think we managed to beat them last time they were up either. Andrew Johnson had a field day if i remember right

Just saw this:

• Crystal Palace are unbeaten in the last four Premier League meetings (W3, D1), including a league double last season courtesy of two 1-0 wins.

That's ridiculous!

Really need a win just to remember what it feels like. We're due something. I'll take an amazingly fortunate winner just to take the edge of what has been an awful run as of late, but I expect the usual commitment at the very least.

I should not have read on:

• The Villans are the league's lowest scorers with seven goals after 13 matches. Their last six goals came in the first half and Villa have not scored at all later than the 50th minute.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: