Not enough quality in team

Starting 11 next game if fit

Guzan

Hutton vlaar senderos cissokho

Cleverly westwood Sanchez

Grealish benteke Cole

No okore christ 1 mistake and hes out great work

Didn't pick him simply because 3 games in a week might be a bit much

Seven outfielders for Southampton have played every game for them.

It is six outfield players but I see the point you are attempting to make.

Hopefully we'll be in a position to play a more settled side in the future.

Yeah maybe its six, I might have remembered it wrong.

Point remains though. Yes we might have had the same number of injuries as other teams, but they have been our key players and we've been unable to field a settled team.

That opens the door of criticism to Lambert because he hasn't assembled a squad that can cope with that.

But its hard to ignore the significance of our injuries, regardless of how that significance has come about.

• Like 1

I think the injuries reason becomes more valid if you're going through a slump that isn't the norm.

But since he's arrived this is pretty much what we do under Lambert. So that makes me think the injuries have only played a small part in our poor form.

• Like 1

Think Okore was MOTM even though he was to blame for their goal. They would have scored more if Okore wasn't playing.

We really need to upgrade in central midfield, especially Westwood, not good enough to start every week in the PL.

disagree i thought the midfield was good and Westwood played one ball to Hutton which was as good as anything you would see

Think Okore was MOTM even though he was to blame for their goal. They would have scored more if Okore wasn't playing.

We really need to upgrade in central midfield, especially Westwood, not good enough to start every week in the PL.

disagree i thought the midfield was good and Westwood played one ball to Hutton which was as good as anything you would see

One ball eh? Shame we didn't score from it

Need to find a way to use Benteke, Cole and Gabby together next match. Andi doesnt do shit besides running and maybe one good pass

...which gets us a goal ?@!

Was Cole subbed cos he was tired ? did not look it to me, looked like Lambert thought it was all wrapped up and forgot what usually happens when we are defending a 1 goal lead in the second.

Did not mind seeing Grealish out there but Sanchez was the only one that needed subbing (unless Cole was knackered) , I was grimacing behind a cushion every time he got the ball wondering who which side it would go to this time, 50/50 like a toss of a coin, not that I know who we had to replace him but until he gets some confidence back he is as much a liability as anything else despite the talent we can all see lurking inside.

So usual Lambert tactics, sub the goalscorer and the feeder when we are defending our MASSIVE one goal advantage.

:( for okore, thought that was soft if in fact a penalty at all

Cleverly hard at it and starting to settle in can see potential there, Hutton good, Gabby worked hard and scared the bejesus out of them a couple of times running for a lost ball (someone said he was lazy today, **** off) , in fact I thought everyone (bar Sanchez and westie was average today methinks) but we lose... to Burnley ..

seriously if this is not Lambert dictated style of play then WTF is he not beating the crap out of them when it happens again and again, I think his substitutions show his thought processes and they suck.

We looked in complete control then another defensive error costs us and in the end we could easily have lost.  Cole was a big positive. 

Does that mean he will be dropped next week?

You're not allowed to play positive in a Lambert team.

Yet again we got ourselves into a lead and then sat back and tried to defend it .I am sure there were many like myself who knew it was not if but when we would concede .The clueless one just never learns does he !

My views on the game oop north.

Overall it was a encouraging performance. The game should have been out of site by the first half. We dictated the play and Cole was the best player on the pitch by a mile. If Benteke was playing, we would have won this as Gabby and Weimann missed several good chances. However we must take into account Burnley are rubbish and almost certainly we be going down. I like Dyche but has was talking total garbage if he though his side should have won this. We gave them a point by a switching off and then fell apart for the last 5- the previous 80 was total dominance by us. Gabby now partly responsible for 2 late goals in a week.

No one had  a shocker, Cole was superb and this is the best I have seen Cleverley play for us. It was nice to see us pass the ball and not look scared. However the opposition was limited and given our rubbish home form, these 2 points could really hurt us. Turf Moor is a proper old fashioned ground (wooden seats!)and the villa faithful made a good noise in the away end. I am Lambert neutral really but I didn't think the fans should have turned on him yesterday.  He has had a lot of shocking performances in 101 games. This wasn't one of them. This was one of our better performances and we were unlucky not to win this. He made a bold choice by playing Cole and brought on Grealish, who a lot of fans want to see play. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

If we play like this with Benteke back we should win at least 1 of the 2 next games. If we revert to type and play hoof ball it could be 2 defeats and a long season ahead. Crucial period coming up, lets stick together. UTV.

• Like 2

We looked in complete control then another defensive error costs us and in the end we could easily have lost.  Cole was a big positive. 

I think he will stay in. Lambert has to make the choice of dropping either Gabby or Weimann. 

I saw the highlights and by all accounts of those who were there and the match reports we were the better team.

Unfortunate for Okore as he was genuinely looking at the ball as he leaped but seemed to collide with their player, a bit harsh to be honest.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

We looked in complete control then another defensive error costs us and in the end we could easily have lost. Cole was a big positive.

I think he will stay in. Lambert has to make the choice of dropping either Gabby or Weimann.

Weimann. I know he got the assist but countless attacks broke down through him yesterday.

I saw the highlights and by all accounts of those who were there and the match reports we were the better team.

Unfortunate for Okore as he was genuinely looking at the ball as he leaped but seemed to collide with their player, a bit harsh to be honest.

Yeah I think it was a penalty. But he's unlucky. As you say he has his eyes on the ball, it's just a tangle. Clumsy more than anything.

Feel bad for him. Hope he doesn't dwell on that.

From the other end of the ground it looked really soft, coming together followed by the burnley player falling over, on the replays he's made a grab for his arm, it's only slight buts it's enough

Not a red though, the burnley player hasn't got control of the ball so it's not a goal scoring opportunity

Right decision all round IMO

Thought we'd lose.  When we signed Cole I didnt expect him to make much of an impression

We didnt lose and hopefully our confidence will be a bit higher

Cole was magnificent by all accounts,  just a pity he may be unable to play more often

Good point but a pisser we conceded late again you just knew we would and to be honest I expected them to go on and win.  The fact we conceded late shows confidence is a little damaged.  The fact we held on should help confidence.  Glad Okore was not red carded

Â