• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Thought we got the result we deserved but we should have won comfortably.

Soft peno Chelsea do that about 8 times per game. But we were garbage second half and left ourselves exposed.

Positives - Cole (finally a real AM in the team, how long has it been?)

Negatives - Being timid against a team that are really poor and were there for the taking big time.

One of these teams will def go down hope it's not both

Many posters seem to be relying on Benteke to return and win all our games for us. What happens if he picks up another long injury?

Nice to be a 1 man team.

We may as well have anyone as manager if we can only expect to do something when one particular players is on the pitch.

Many posters seem to be relying on Benteke to return and win all our games for us. What happens if he picks up another long injury?

Nice to be a 1 man team.

We may as well have anyone as manager if we can only expect to do something when one particular players is on the pitch.

109414.jpg

• Like 2

We would be mid-table if games only lasted 80 minutes. We had the better of the game and should have won it but we just cannot see out games. Cole showed his class today and we showed how fragile our confidence is to the extent we could have lost the game at the end. 

• Like 1

I'd take being a one man team if it meant 2nd in the league.

Us as a one man team has led to 42 points and 38 points.

Not a one man team, but that the one man lifts the whole team so significantly. 

We've added good players in the summer. Benteke lifting them means we'll be looking at 46 points+ imo

• Like 2

MOM = Ings. Scored more goals this season than the entire Villa team.

That's not true though.

He didn't watch the match.

The stat being quoted by the BBC is that, since the beginning of October, Danny Ings has scored more premier league goals (4) than Aston Villa as a whole (3).

Performances continue to improve - we're unbeaten in three - we're becoming watchable, but yet again we make it feel like a defeat by conceding late on.

First half we could and should have been further ahead, second half we looked the more likely scorers right up until we conceded.

If the last four games had lasted 84 minutes and not 94 - we'd be 7th.

and if we threw in Senderos and Vlaar into the defence, Delph in midfield and Benteke up front we'd be a much better team and could either kill off a game with a 2nd goal or hold out in defence. 

There is positives here. That's 3 of our last 4 games we would / should have won if we'd been defensively sounder.

But I thought once playing the last years and/ or this years top 6, 7, 8 etc was out the way results would look after themselves ?

Too little too late too infrequent too dependent on too many other things.

And again, my biggest criticism of lambo, if those players can perform in the way they did at times in that game it surely puts the lie to the idea it is spending,net spending, fees, or ability of players.

Lambo has proven beyond any reasonable doubt he simply cannot get a 90 minute performance out of this team, nor can he get performances to stay at speak or build from one game to the next.

In normal circumstances I am happy with a point away whoever the opposition, but we are no longer in normal circumstances.

• Like 1

Performances continue to improve - we're unbeaten in three - we're becoming watchable, but yet again we make it feel like a defeat by conceding late on.

First half we could and should have been further ahead, second half we looked the more likely scorers right up until we conceded.

If the last four games had lasted 84 minutes and not 94 - we'd be 7th.

and if we threw in Senderos and Vlaar into the defence, Delph in midfield and Benteke up front we'd be a much better team and could either kill off a game with a 2nd goal or hold out in defence. 

There is positives here. That's 3 of our last 4 games we would / should have won if we'd been defensively sounder.

But I thought once playing the last years and/ or this years top 6, 7, 8 etc was out the way results would look after themselves ?

Too little too late too infrequent too dependent on too many other things.

And again, my biggest criticism of lambo, if those players can perform in the way they did at times in that game it surely puts the lie to the idea it is spending,net spending, fees, or ability of players.

Lambo has proven beyond any reasonable doubt he simply cannot get a 90 minute performance out of this team, nor can he get performances to stay at speak or build from one game to the next.

In normal circumstances I am happy with a point away whoever the opposition, but we are no longer in normal circumstances.

Try telling that to the club. I really struggle with the principle that after well over two seasons in charge that anyone can still support him. He is a complete liability as a manager and is leading us towards the Championship.

Edited by Harry

Must give huge credit to our fans today - they were nothing short of outstanding.

The away fans are little short of amazing given the shite they have to witness.

• Like 1

Hutton MOTM for me, but I thought Cole was oustanding whilst he was on the field. I think we would have won this comfortably had Benteke been playing. Really fancy us to get 4 points out of the next six....we really need to or else we are in for a difficult second half of the season!

How come, (we have conceded to a relatively low team after leading for much of the match and end up hanging on for a draw) and many posters are resorting to the performance for solace.

These same posters who when we win and play badly resort to the result and pay no attention to the performance and say its all about the 3 points <_<

I call it selective viewing. :ph34r:

It's no different to posters who complain about performance when we win but dismiss the performance now because we didn't win.

Well we've stopped the run of losses but really have to stop conceding so late on. A better performance but we have to now start turning the draws into victories.

Benteke will be a big addition against Palace

i agree with your first line... but 2 wrongs don't make a right....maybe we can all learn from it.

i agree with your second line too....but i would like to see Vlaar & Senderos back in contention too.

Was good to see us getting a stroke of luck today and Dyche surrendering midfield to us by allowing us the extra man in there, as always the 70 minute law came in with the  players and we began to sit deeper and ride our good fortune resulting in what we see every game  the inevitable capitulation. We go again , We go again, We go again but we never learn.

The fans were great today in numbers and voice That is Aston Villa

We deserve better from our club not this shamble's.

Nice to be a 1 man team.

My point entirely. There is no way we should be in a position where our premier league survival is so dependant on the performance of a single player. If Benteke comes back and plays well it'll merely be papering over the cracks. And let's not forget that our tactic when he's fit is "hoof the ball to Tekkers in the hope that he'll be able to take on three defenders on his own and score a wonder goal out of nothing."

Â