• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Great first half, passable second half, and then the lack of a consistent goal scorer came back to haunt us again. If we can only score 1 in a game it's only ever going to take one individual error to undo us. After the penalty Burnley had their tails up and our confidence was shattered, so no real surprise that the last ten minutes was almost one-way traffic. I think Lambert set us up in the right way, fielded the right team and made the right subs, but even so the ease with which our confidence was broken is something that's been instilled into the team by season after season of negative performances and relegation scraps. The damage wasn't done in today's match, it's been ongoing for a long time and the effects are going to be felt for as long as Lerner and Lambert have us playing bargain-basement football.

Looked 1000 times better. Cole brilliant and needs to keep playing. The structure going forward seemed tons better, even if we only found the back of the net once.

Failing to absorb the pressure in the last 15 minutes and/or hit them on the counter to put the game out of their reach was really disappointing, but that's what happens when you've had 2 haircuts since your last win.

• Like 2

Positives first - Cole looked a different class, totally bossed the game, should be an automatic starter when he's able. Hutton played well, and Cissokho was okay. Guzan made some saves, and Cleverley looked more creative. So some actual positives today. 

On the other hand, the result is shit, both in terms of itself - a draw at a team who on this display, will absolutely be relegated at the end of the season - and in terms of the inevitable knock on confidence of conceding in the final ten minutes for the second week running. What's more, I really do have to criticise the manager, sorry. There has to be more tempo to our play. If we know that we concede late goals, then why are we sitting back inviting pressure? People will point to that second half and say that we seemed to be in control of the game, but it's only true in the limited sense of passing the ball around ten yards inside their half, we rarely created good chances and didn't really look like scoring at any point in that second half. So, yes, it was absolutely stupid from Okore (though he did play well for the rest of the game) but the lack of penetration is a tactical problem. Ultimately, one point is useless - we have to win games. Today was an easily winnable game, and yet again we failed to do so. 9 games without a win - sorry, but Lambert out. 

• Like 1

So, so frustrating. First 80 mins was best performance of the season. But we really needed a more secure lead as we know we're incapable of holding a 1-goal lead in the last ten mins.

The goal was so avoidable, it wasn't just Okore's mistake, I think it was Gabby who made a stupid run to nowhere and lost the ball in the build-up. We just always manage to do these things. 

We've got 3 winnable fixtures now, but without a win since early September, actually getting three points from a match seems utterly beyond us at the minute.

• Like 1

I'm sure that people will be blaming Lambert for Okore's mistake. They're idiots. 

Well you know no one is doing that. But still, poor old Lambert being criticised for failing to win yet again. He can't catch a break. What's he supposed to do? Manage us and win games once in a while? That's ridiculous.

• Like 4

I'm sure that people will be blaming Lambert for Okore's mistake. They're idiots. 

Possibly same people who've been giving him grief for not putting Grealish on - who gave ball away before pen.

It was Gabby who gave the ball away for their goal...

my stream went haywire before their goal, so i didnt see the last 20 minutes, but fully expected to see a 1-1 scoreline when i logged back on

seems like lambert bungled it again in the 2nd half

at least we didn't lose

shame, cuz for the 1st 30 minutes we looked like barcelona

reserves

Possibly same people who've been giving him grief for not putting Grealish on - who gave ball away before pen.

It was Gabby who gave the ball away for their goal...

It was Richardson actually !

3 games in the last 4 now where we've been leading going into the last 10 minutes and dropped points. Getting really tired of it.

Would be different if we had confident experienced players like Senderos and Vlaar to see out these games. We don't which has been the problem in the recent two games

If we could start scoring in the second half of matches, then maybe we wouldn't have to worry about holding onto a lead or a point for so long. It's like we score a goal after 20 mins and then spend 70 minutes just trying playing damage limitation - and guess what? It doesn't work!

Â