Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

Just as long as Lerner doesn't think we can get by on just using youth. Sherwood did well with some of the youth at Tottenham but if ours aren't good enough then they aren't good enough, Sherwood and Macdonald don't have magic wands. Although It'll be nice to see Robinson, Grealish and a few others perhaps given more of a chance beyond this season.

Can we recall Robinson if needed?

Liking your own posts is a bit weird!  :D

So....i clicked the wrong button....is that a hanging offence now? :)

Just as long as Lerner doesn't think we can get by on just using youth. Sherwood did well with some of the youth at Tottenham but if ours aren't good enough then they aren't good enough, Sherwood and Macdonald don't have magic wands. Although It'll be nice to see Robinson, Grealish and a few others perhaps given more of a chance beyond this season.

Can we recall Robinson if needed?

Liking your own posts is a bit weird!  :D

So....i clicked the wrong button....is that a hanging offence now? :)

Umm, I like the appointment, glad he's back, and I'm not saying he should be made manager, but the point above that he didn't do well as manager here seems pretty weak to me.

He was, based on the above, 2 wins and a loss in the league.  If we did that in the 25 matches this season, we would be 48 or 49 points depending on how you round it.  Without adjusting anyone else's points, I think we would all be happy with third in the table.

OK, so let's add Vienna and give him a 50% win loss ratio.  At that rate, we would currently be 9th in the table.

Again, I remember Vienna and Newcastle and cringe like everyone else, but to say he did not do well when the win-loss ratio (and points on the table) was better than we had under any appointed manager in many years might be over-emphasizing the negative.

A great appointment made by Sherwood here, very clever move.

KMac knows the club and many of the players; this will give us a big positive ahead of the game and it will be great to see him back in the dugout at Villa where he belongs ;-)

Is nobody slightly worried that he was part of the first team coaching staff during the Mcleish and Houllier seasons? I know he's been a great servant to the club, especially working with the younger players, just seems a slightly backward step to me.

Is nobody slightly worried that he was part of the first team coaching staff during the Mcleish and Houllier seasons? I know he's been a great servant to the club, especially working with the younger players, just seems a slightly backward step to me.

No. Not in the slightest.

I think your right, in the same way I wouldn't feel worried if we were to sign back Young or say someone like Downing just because they played their part when things weren't looking so great.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

He won the FA Premier Reserve League South in 2011/12, so not sure how involved with the first team he was under McLeish.

• Like 1

Wouldn't the likes of Gabby, Weimann, Clark and Baker all played for him at youth level? If so, maybe that's the thinking behind bringing him back in, to help get them playing to their best levels.

I like the idea of him returning and actually gave this some thought a few days back.

My only concern is how he wasn't happy about not being given the job after MON left. Maybe he's been given some assurances this time that, if the position for manager becomes available again, he can have it?

Â