Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

Didn't MacDonald do particularly well in the games he looked after when MON left?

3-0 v West Ham, 0-6 v Newcastle, 1-0 v Everton. Newcastle result overshadowed his time in charge, some would have liked him to get more of a chance.

Not really no.

They included one of the worst performances I've ever had to watch. 0-6 vs Newcastle.

That home game against Rapid Vienna remains a particular sore point also.

• Like 1

Not really no.

They included one of the worst performances I've ever had to watch. 0-6 vs Newcastle.

Water under the bridge.

Absolutely.

I think it's a great appointment.

I don't think KMAC deserved to be manager. I think he showed that was a bit above his head. 

But as a coach/assistant I think he'll be great. Good move by the club.

• Like 1

Not really no.

Water under the bridge.

Quite. It means nothing to me.

Indeed, I've already expressed my feelings on his appointment as assistant. This was simply in response to the claim that he did 'quite well' as manager.

• Like 2

Not really no.

Water under the bridge.
Quite. It means nothing to me.

Indeed, I've already expressed my feelings on his appointment as assistant. This was simply in response to the claim that he did 'quite well' as manager.

Well, I agree it was a bit annoying at the time. In fact I do still occasionally  think to myself "arrrgh... Vienna!"

(I'll stop now)

The only way to top this news would be Gérard Houllier returning as DOF and Lambo coming back as Chief Scout. What a management team. UTV!

Well let's hope Riley was a bigger factor in some of our successful transfers rather than Lambert, either side of his spell at Liverpool. Hasn't McLeish said that Benteke was in a pool of potential players that he had while in charge?

So management wasn't for Mac, he did well by all accounts in other capacities with us. Works well with youngsters which will no doubt be important for us moving forward, he knows the club and some of the players so gives him a head start - sensible appointment for me!

Â