Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

We have a habit of playing teams at the wrong time. This looked like points in the bag once but we will really need to earn them now. I would take a point at the moment but worry we will struggle to get that and to stay above a team that most think are still doomed to relegation despite their recent wins. 

• Like 1

We will get turned over quite easily, Burnley will come out with all guns blazing and score a couple early on and the game will be over as a contest. Thats how I see it going

• Like 1

No excuse to play like we did against west ham and southampton.  I expect a better approach to the game and to actually want to win it and not just contain them.

I kind of disagree to be honest.

I think there's a perfectly valid excuse to approach the game in a cautious, counter attacking way.

Burnley are newly promoted, in need of a win, backed by a vocal and exciteable home crowd. They'll be going for the win and could well come out all guns blazing.

I think there's a good argument to say this is exactly the kind of game we SHOULD be setting up to counter attack in.

However...

our problem, as was evident against QPR, is that we always play like that, and so it's too predictable. If Burnley play like QPR did, i.e. let us have the ball and flounder around not knowing what to do with it, then they may well beat us.

I don't mind if we set up against Burnley to play on the counter. It makes sense. The problem will be if if that isn't working, we NEED to change things. My fear is that won't happen and we'll spend the game unable to break Burnley down and it'll be them who hit us on the counter. Harry knew it would happen, I can see Sean Dyche doing the same thing.

I'm worried about this one.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

We'll need to dig deep for this one.  Playing newly promoted teams away is always pretty tough, and I'd imagine they're definitely viewing this as a winnable game. Burnley and their fans will be well up for it, so we'll need a very disciplined performance from the team. A win would be massive, as we really need to try and get a decent little run going in the run up to Christmas.

No excuse to play like we did against west ham and southampton. I expect a better approach to the game and to actually want to win it and not just contain them.

I kind of disagree to be honest.

I think there's a perfectly valid excuse to approach the game in a cautious, counter attacking way.

Burnley are newly promoted, in need of a win, backed by a vocal and exciteable home crowd. They'll be going for the win and could well come out all guns blazing.

I think there's a good argument to say this is exactly the kind of game we SHOULD be setting up to counter attack in.

However...

our problem, as was evident against QPR, is that we always play like that, and so it's too predictable. If Burnley play like QPR did, i.e. let us have the ball and flounder around not knowing what to do with it, then they may well beat us.

I don't mind if we set up against Burnley to play on the counter. It makes sense. The problem will be if if that isn't working, we NEED to change things. My fear is that won't happen and we'll spend the game unable to break Burnley down and it'll be them who hit us on the counter. Harry knew it would happen, I can see Sean Dyche doing the same thing.

I'm worried about this one.

I think we were set up much more defensive against west ham and especially Southampton than against QPR.

I don't think we have to go all out attack but at the same time I don't think we should be as defensive as we have in the last two games.

I don't know why but I have a feeling that Robinson will start and I hope he does if I'm honest. Our line up is too predictable for opposition and gives them the week to prepare.

A week to prepare! I would give my team a few days off lounging around on a sunny warm beach somewhere and tell them to turn up an hour before kick off.

• Like 2

Simple - we need 3pts

How we get them doesn't really matter.

Our current fortunes suggest that to win we would have to:

1) Get the ball, keep it, do something with it

2) Create as many chances as possible so that eventually enough goals will go in

3) Counter tactical changes made by the opposition during the game

4) Give Burnley the feeling "not gonna happen today"

Unfortunately I see only a good commited start till the first goal goes in

If we score it, we'll sit back. Then it's a case of, if, when and how many Burnley score

If Burnley score, it'll be painfull no doubt

Roll on 1983

I'd change things around... and quite a bit.  

________________Guzan_________________

__Hutton___Okore_______Clark___Cissokho__

_______Cleverly_________Westwood________
_Weimann______________________Grealish_
__________Gabby______Robinson__________

My bet is same starting line-up from Monday.