Midweek football 25/27 November

andykeenan

I'm interested in what itv said about aguero being right up there with worlds best strikers at the moment ( I'm not suggesting that he's not!) I'd lazily guess that he has a similar goal scoring record this calendar year is slightly ahead of Neymar and Suarez and slightly behind zlatan

All of them around 15 - 20 goals behind messi and Ronaldo, says an awful lot about them pair

Aguero is an amazing finisher one on one, we've seen it countless times.

ITV in not having a clue shocker....when City got it back to 2-2 they said a winner wouldn't make a difference, yes because City having to win in Rome as opposed to now going through with a 2-2 is the same thing.

Would still love City to go out. I don't hate them or anything but it always amuses me them failing to even get out of the group most seasons.

Aguero is the best No.9 in the world for me

another no coinicidence that City win a European game without the clown Toure in midfield, Lampard done a lot more in 90 minutes than Toure in previous 4 games

Chile's thinks PSG will win their group? I think Barca will beat PSG quite convincingly when they meet at the Camp Nou.

not sure, PSG have had their number recently though, beat them quite comfortably in last game even if score was tight and really should have knocked them out 2 seasons ago but didnt have the know how at the time losing on away goals

The Champions League record might go to Ronaldo tomorrow night. They were level on goals before kick off tonight and while it's unlikely Ronaldo will score four in tomorrow's game I think it's fair to say that they would trade the record a few times between now and the end of the season.

I'm guessing they'll take the record off each other at least 20 times over the next few seasons. Gonna be fun

I'm interested in what itv said

I stopped reading at that point, I find those words arranged in that order impossible to comprehend.

In that I was interested as to how true it actually was!

Too easy for itv / sky / bbc to say aguero is the best striker in the world because they watch him score every week in the prem, like I said in the rest of my post I think he'll probably be in and around Neymar, Suarez and ibrahimovic (forgot lewandowski and costa) but way behind Ronaldo and messi

Just seen now the guardian have gone with "deadlier" than messi and Ronaldo claiming his shot accuracy and goals per shot ratios are better, SSN are only comparing this season rather than calendar year and he's level with messi

I can't find the stats but I'm guessing he's somewhere between 15 and 20 goals off them 2

Liverpool concede an 88th minute goal in Razgrad to draw 2-2 with Ludogorets.   They go into the final game at home to Basel two points behind Basel.    Weirdly the goal doesn't make much difference to their situation, if they had won tonight they would have been level on points with Basel but they would have still needed to win the game to go through, Basel won the game in Switzerland so would have gone through on head to head results if they manage to get a draw at Anfield. 

Arsenal and Dortmund are already through in their group.  Dortmund will probably win the group, they are a point clear of Arsenal and are at home to Anderlecht in their final game.  Arsenal have to go to Galatasaray. 

Atleti are through in their group.  Juventus will probably join them but I think they can still go out if results get crazy next time round.  Olympiakos can go through instead if they thump Malmo and Juve lose heavily to Atleti.  Juventus and Olympiakos are level on head to head results (one win each) so it will go to goal difference, right?  If that's the case then Olympiakos need an eight goal swing. 

Benfica are out of the other group, Leverkusen, Monaco & Zenit fight it out for the last two spots.   Monaco are at home to Zenit and a draw will see them qualify.   Leverkusen are away in Benfica and a win will see them through (from 3rd place in the group) regardless of what happens elsewhere.  Monaco have head to head on Leverkusen, so if they lose and Leverkusen draw then Monaco still go through.  It's a very close group and it will be interesting to see what plays out.  

• Like 1

Basel have been a bogey team for years for English clubs, it's incredible to me that people still underestimate them when they get drawn in groups.

In 2002 they knocked out Liverpool in the group stage, in 2011 it was Man. United, in 12-13 they knocked out a good Spurs team in the europa and ran Chelsea close in the semis. Ironically we got a comfortable victory against them when we met them in the intertoto all those years back.

I reckon they'll go throw, pretty sure they could lose 2-1 or 3-2 at Anfield and still qualify on head to head?

Mind you we've seen Liverpool do this loads of times, last game at Anfield they need to win. I'll go for Basle to make it into the knock outs though.

Â