What is your favourite piece of Villa memorabilia?

Villarocker

The favourite Villa shirt thread, and Gareth's never ending collection of shirts, got me wondering what else other Villa fans had collected over the years.

I have a few things, old programmes mainly but, I do have three prized possessions.

1. An unused (f**king dreadful, I know) match ticket, for the European Cup Final, signed by Allan Evans with the final programme - bought for £10 in 1988 at a Villa programme fayre at the back of the North stand. For the record, I was 10 in 1982 and had nobody to take me to the final! Gutted!
  2. An official Villa club football signed by the entire 1994 League Cup final winning squad - a Coventry supporting in-law saw it a car boot and bought it with me in mind, for £6.
  3. An official Villa club record (book) of every player who'd played for us up until 1988 (time of print) and got it signed by the entire squad plus Graham Taylor. Sent it back to Bodymoor Heath at a date and got it signed by a few more players. Also got Jimmy Macewan to sign it. He was a player from back in the day who used to visit the shop I used to work at in Erdington.

If there's already a thread for this mods, please relocate for me?

• 5 years later...

I wasn’t sure where else to put this, but wanted to share. 

Minnesota United held a twitter giveaway this winter, and I won a Villa flag. Not just any flag, the freaking massive flag they hold on the pitch as the players walk out pre-match. After Villa played MN United in a friendly this past summer, they had the whole Villa squad sign it. It’s absolutely gigantic, so somewhat hard to find a spot for, but it’s a really cool piece to commemorate my first time seeing Villa in person.

30A4653C-8677-4095-A26F-BDE1EC37AFEE.jpeg

• Like 4

Â