January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11377801/Aston-Villa-make-late-move-to-hijack-Newcastle-bid-for-MK-Dons-midfielder-Dele-Alli.html

Aston Villa have made a late move to hijack Newcastle United’s £5million bid for MK Dons midfielder Dele Alli.

Villa are poised to complete the signing of Scott Sinclair on Friday and are also battling Newcastle to sign Alli, the England under-19 international.

The highly rated midfielder, 18, has appeared set to join Newcastle in a deal that will see him return to MK Dons on loan for the rest of this season.

But Villa have registered a firm interest in the past 24 hours and, at this stage, are refusing to admit defeat in the race to sign one of English football’s most promising youngsters.

Villa are believed to be offering an initial £2million and then a loan-back, before paying the remainder of the fee in the summer.

Alli has established an excellent reputation since making his debut as a 16-year-old and been frequently scouted by Liverpool and Bayern Munich.

This season has arguably been his most impressive yet, scoring 12 goals for the League One club to take them towards the automatic promotion places.

Villa, meanwhile, are set to announce the signing of Manchester City winger Sinclair on Friday.

Sinclair had talks at Villa’s training ground today and will join on loan for the season, with Villa agreeing to pay £2.5million to sign him permanently in the summer.

To quote a certain Newcastle manager I would LOVE IT if we could beat them to this signing.

• Like 2

Carver dismissed questions on MK Dons star Delle Alli and said: “I haven’t got involved in it and I won’t get involved in it. We’ve got people behind the scenes to deal with that.”

And when asked on if there was any incoming business he replied: “I wouldn’t have thought so, no.

“I don’t get involved in it. I haven’t had any conversations about it. I’ve had conversations about many, many things with Lee (but not transfers). I’m happy to work under these conditions.

“My job is to work with the guys on the pitch and deal with what’s put in front of me.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-john-carver-say-moussa-8542748

This was today, seems like Ashley/the club are pushing him to sign rather than Carver picking him out. Maybe Lambert/Fox have spoken to him/agent?

Would be pleased with Ali if we could get him.

Would love to see him floating like a butterfly (past the other team) and stinging (the oppositions goal!) like a bee! ;)

How have you repressed this irrepressible sense of humour so long?

Oxymoron?

Would love to see him floating like a butterfly (past the other team) and stinging (the oppositions goal!) like a bee! ;)

Someone has to make up for the lack of yours! :)

Someone has to make up for the lack of yours! :)

Alright, but preferably someone else.

• Like 3

And if we have £10m to spend then i would go after Ings, and offer him £60k plus and a 5 year contract.I think he will be that good.

Ings who is free in the summer?

Ings will be cheaper but still not free as he is under 24 looking at about £5m apparently. They won't sell him anyway as they've still got a chance of staying up and £90m gazumps all bids.

Sorry, not trying to be dumb, but why would MK Dons accept £2m when they've got an offer of £5m? I get that we're offering to loan him back, but surely Newcastle are doing the same? And even if they aren't, are they really prepared to effectively pay £3m to keep him for 4 months? Assuming these figures are remotely accurate of course, which is probably a complete waste of time.

We pay them the remaining £3m in the summer.

And that's better for them why?

no player in right mind will want go Newcastle now so I would say he is probably weighing that up and probably saw Delph signed a new deal so maybe be better come here

Sorry, not trying to be dumb, but why would MK Dons accept £2m when they've got an offer of £5m? I get that we're offering to loan him back, but surely Newcastle are doing the same? And even if they aren't, are they really prepared to effectively pay £3m to keep him for 4 months? Assuming these figures are remotely accurate of course, which is probably a complete waste of time.

im sure Newcastle arent going to pay them 5 million upfront either

Maybe they're terrible at saving money?

• Like 3